Whitney Houston

Few Pills Recovered

at Death Scene

2/13/2012 7:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Multiple medicine bottles were found in the Beverly Hills hotel room where Whitney Houston diedLaw enforcement sources tell TMZ ... multiple medicine bottles were found in the Beverly Hills hotel room where Whitney Houston died ... but we're told there were NOT a lot of pills at the scene.

Among the pills ... ibuprofen (painkiller), Xanax (anti-depressant), Midol (for menstrual cramps), amoxicillin (for treating bacterial infections) ... and more.

We're told the amoxicillin was prescribed recently because Whitney had been suffering from a sore throat.

We're told some of the pills were old ... some issued in 2011 ... but some of the bottles were from 2012. We're told the bottles that were recovered at the scene did not contain a lot of pills.

Sources tell us ... some of the prescriptions were filled at the infamous Mickey Fine pharmacy in Beverly Hills ... where Michael Jackson had numerous prescriptions filled for Demerol and other drugs.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... it's possible Whitney suffered a heart attack caused by an adverse reaction to her medication, but it is simply too early to make an official call on the cause of death.

We're told the L.A. Coroner's Office has removed the hold on Whitney's body ... which means her family can now have Whitney transported back to Atlanta, where the singer will be laid to rest.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

Robert Mirowski

I liked Whitney Houston as one of the best music artist and singers just like I like Madonna. I believe that her unfortunate death was some thing that could happen to any of us. To me it seems like she had alot to live for and in no known way I think she would never commit suicide. What I saw in the news is that bottles of medications were found in her hotel room. I can relate to having medication bottles because I'm one of those people that have to take medications for my diabetes, high blood pressure, and for my prostate problems. Taking pills is what I have to do to stay healthy and alive. Sometimes things can go wrong with the body at the worst time when your asleep and you die.

terri

be free....bless your child

ladyofargonne

ibuprofen! Midol!amoxicillin! Oh the humanity! I have a huge bottle of ibuprofen also known as Advil. Does that make me a junkie? Talk about hate mongering. The only thing here that is remotely a controlled substance is Xanax which millions of people take every day. Probably Harvey Levin is one of them. How does it feel to make people miserable whose only fault is being famous? The whole bunch of TMZ is talentless jealous wanna bes.

Tod

Mickey Fine? Is that really the name of the pharmacy?

I wonder if the owners are aware that there is a street term (albeit an old one) called a mickey finn, which is a drink laced with drugs given to an unexpected someone for the purpose of rendering them unconscious (possibly so that they can be taken advantage of).

Jim

So sorry. Sorry for the loss, sorry I have to hear about it for the next 6 months....so very sorry that I gotta hear "I will always love you" every 30 seconds. Sorry there are dope addicts that cause my insurance to go up when they od or go to a rehab. So very very sorry Whitney can't swim in the tub.

Randy L

Because none of her "entourage" would have gotten rid of them, right?

Randy L

Because none of her "entourage" would have gotten rid of the rest, right?

John

I didn't kill this one.

Kathryn

It was reported somewhere else they found: lorazepam (like a xanax) and valium in her room, too. And she was seen at TWO different doctor's offices, one on Feb. 2 and another office on (I think) Feb. 6/7th. NO ONE needs a couple of DIFFERENT anxiety medicines UNLESS you're an abuser of them and like the high they bring, NO ONE. And I don't know of any doctor that would prescribed several DIFFERENT anxiety meds unless, maybe, one didn't work, so he gave the person a scrip for another kind to see if it worked better w/the body. The fact that SEVERAL anxiety meds AND Valium were found in her room, and that she went to TWO different doctors is VERY suspicious to me. It DOES sound like she traded one addiction for another one, and was doctor shopping, too. If you take ALL those together, or even take them separate times, but in the same day, then drink alcohol, depending on how many/how much, it VERY WELL could be a death sentence.

LEGAL BATMAN

BOBBY BROWN...ONE WORD BOBBY BROWN..there is no doubt they loved each other,but they were toxic to each other...he dragged her down and she could not get back up..this girl did not follow her path...she lost everything including her life!

Sterling170

Dammit Kevin Costner you had one job that's all.

Jayden

No one seems to understand how Whitney landed into the world of drugs but one who has followed her career from the very beginning and seeing myself in some of her choices I think I understand. I might be stretching but this is my opinion. She has always had a problem being accepted for the person she was. When she was on Soul Train in the late 80s, she was actually booed and called "Whitey Houston". She wasn't black enough. Then she was too close to women and suddenly she was lesbian. In 92', she finally gave everyone what they wanted..she married the stereotypical bad boy black male. I do not think Bobby himself was actually her decline, but it was more based on the fact that she had to fit into a life, a stereotype, a sexuality, that was not her. No one knows how miserable that can be and I think that drugs filled that void of not being the person she really was and the stress of being someone you are not. She stayed with Bobby for 15 years trying to be what was expected of her but its hard to change once you have lived with those demons so long...So yes, the drugs killed her physically but she died emotionally 20 years ago. Whitney was a wonderful person and I hope she now finds peace in another life. Whitney, your true fans would have accepted you for whoever you were, I just wish you would have realized that and not let others conform you to change.

Sarah

Whitney was introduced to drugs by Bobby Brown. I don't know how he is able to look at himself in a mirror. He's carrying so much guilt. As well he should!

Ted Turner

TMZ are the whores of the Show Biz world

Erica

Media can paint Ns Whitney to be a continued drug user with a voice of angel all they want to! N0! a recovering addict for drugs, alcohol or anything is always recovering so it very unfair to label her as continuing to use unless you have a snap photo of her taking it on the spot. A person's appearance on any given day does not justify that they are using drugs.The last thing that Bobbi Christina needs is to hear a bunch of untruths and speculations that are cruel abotu her mother that just dies.
Let Whitney rest in peace. It no wonder she was having anxiety issues, look @ the bull s**t she had to deal with from the public and her so call fans! I am a true fan and I will never believe that she did not love life to the fullest, loved her daughter, family, friends, fans and church enough to fight thru her personal issues which is really no one's business!
And please, please stop coming her situation to Michael Jackson to two are so different in their struggles. We all need to talk about her accomplishments and records she broke which no one has touched yet! But we cant do that because its no news if its not BAD news mixed with it!
I will be continue to play her music and let her voice give me chills: RIP Whitney ...The Media did not allow you to do that on earth!