Nicki Minaj

Grammy Performance ...

From Hell

2/13/2012 2:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

021312_nicki_still
Millions of people think the best part of Nicki Minaj's insane Grammy performance was the moment it ended -- and her musical ode to "The Exorcist" left us with one burning question ...

CA Girl

Uhm, what was her name? I just can't seem to remember it at all, whatsoever, in any way, shape or form. Perhaps that's due to the lack of any discernable talent. Maybe that's it. You think??

jmac

I agree- this was a joke! I thought the Grammys were the "Oscars" of the music industry awards?....this was not the MTV awards. She's was posing like Lady Ga Ga. Embarassing to watch! Especially with the tone of the evening and tributes to Whitney!

Maggie Kuchenski

what a disgusting excuse for music!

Jordan_Mom

And what makes it worse is that Nicki will tweet about how everybody is just hating on her and that she's laughing all the way to the bank, but in actuality no one is hating on her and she will not be laughing all the way to the bank will her record sells flop big time in the coming months. BOYCOTT NICKI MINOT!

cc

So sick of Minaj, Lady CaCa and that Russian pop idiot thinking they are so deep or interesting or fresh. They are all copy cats of Madonna! And teeny boppers actually think these jokes are talented! Sad.

Just Me

It was horrible and can't understand how or why anyone could consider that as 'talent.'

Andre_C

At least she tried something kinda new and risky. Sure, Adele is great, but like Sharon King, Black Keys, or Bruno Mars, it's music from 40 yrs ago. So -- it was awesome in 1968, so all Adele or Sharon Duffy has to do is sound REALLY GREAT, and have great voices, which they do. I'll give Nicki Minaj props for GOING for it -- trying some performance art (which itself is also nothing new of course). Funny -- if Alice Cooper had come out with this stage set people would be raving. Also props to Nicki for going for a brand new song --not a hit people have tried and tested. That takes some serious 'nads. Look at the big picture of all the stuff she goes for -- she is a visionary artist with a huge range of influences and artistic range. Haters, this is just way beyond your scope of musical understanding. I don;t wanna sound all "emperor's new clothes", but if you didn't get this-- you need to go study Diamanda Galas, Steve Reich, Laurie Anderson, Maya Deren, Erykah Badu, Grace Jones, David Bowie and a few more. This was real live art.

Indiana blue jeans

I don't care if I ever see her, hear her name, or have to hear ABOUT her for the remainder of her poor excuse of a career, which after this, should be relatively short. Anybody who LIKES this mess needs help, seriously.

tellmeaboutit

I saw it, but I had no idea what I was supposed to be seeing. WTH?? It was awful.

Eva Brown-Fleming

Thank God Whitney Houston is Dead. Because if she seen that ****. She'll be like Hell 2 da NO.

Nick

Message to Nicki.... Really... Madonna did the catholic shocker years ago. Nothing new. A real artist like Adelle dose not need the smoke and mirrors. But you know you are not in it for the art just the money. Right. let the artist with real talent take the stage next time.

Chia

I liked the little red robinhood outfit she came in...the rest, she just tried a little to hard.

Nell72

I Never comment but that was horrible and I didnt even think it was a song.....My daughters were excited when she got ready to sing and I think they were also disappointed!

sdt

I love Nicki but I just didn't understand this at all. I watched it with an open mind and was like......HUH???? I just didn't get it. She is very talented but I'm not sure what she was trying to accomplished with this? I think she was trying to out do Gaga. I just wanted to hear a little Super Bass or hear her sing with David Ghetta. She is way too talented to try and go for the shock factor. Not needed.

RaineeDrops

Deviant
She entertains the devil with crap like that. We could not watch it, we fast forwarded that performance.