Whitney Houston -- Family Told

She Died from Rx

NOT Drowning

2/13/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Houston did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs.
Whitney Houston's family was told by L.A. County Coroner officials ... the singer did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol ... this according to family sources.

We're told Coroner's officials informed the family there was not enough water in Whitney's lungs to lead to the conclusion that she drowned.

Our sources say the family was told Whitney may well have died before her head became submerged.

And family sources tell us ... it was actually Whitney's aunt, Mary Jones, who discovered Whitney's body in the bathtub. Mary had laid out Whitney's dress for the evening on the bed and then left for about a half hour. When Whitney didn't come out of the bathroom, Mary entered, pulled Whitney out of the tub and began administering CPR.

And we're told ... Whitney's mom has arranged to have the singer's body flown back to Atlanta, as early as tomorrow. The family was told the Coroner has no problem releasing the body because there is no evidence of foul play --  and unless cops put a hold on the body, it can be flown back East.

0211_rememebring_whitney

Bongstar420

This would not happen if it were Cannabis. It is not possible.

tasha

i love the movie the body guard because Whitney Houston play in it she will always be remember for the way she was and she voice we will miss u

amya

that's a shame she left her in that in the bathtub

Lynn Allen

Excuse me---I just lost a really great person who did a lot for everyone to death from Cancer. All this press over a Druggy and boozer. All kind of World news and our stations are filled with her GLORY I am sorry but no Sympathy from me!!!!!

Denise Cookson

R.I.P Whitney you will be missed. I grew up listening to Whitney and love her

Christel

Let's not forget - TMZ so responsibly reported "Corey Haim died of an apparent overdose, according to sources" and later toxicology reports came back and stated it was Pneumonia, the amount of drugs in his system was not enough to cause death...I just wish the news outlets would hold the speculation until the toxicology reports are released. They are taking the opportunity to smear her name when it really could be as simple as falling asleep in the tub (it happens)...RIP Whitney - you made my childhood of dancing and singing in my bedroom amazing - you will be missed...

Michael D. Houst

Poor gal. She should have married me. She'd have stood a better chance of remaining happy, drug free, and in control.

olga

I jusst hope that the media treat her as the lady that she was and give her the burial that she deserves and let her rest in peace, not like poor michael jackson he was up and down all over the place for months !!!! and also I cannot believe that she doesnt has a STAR in the walk of fame! but im pretty sure that now that she is dead they will give her one ( what a shame !!!)

karen

We lost a great performer and good human being. It's so sad that so many people don't understand the power of addiction and the awful feeling of depression. My heart goes out to the entire family. My prayers that in time they will learn how to cope and deal with this awful tragedy and loss. We all could see it coming, but we did nothing.. Another one of our greats is gone... How sad.... I only hope people will remember her for her gift of song, not for way she left us.. RiP Whitney... Sing with the Angels now...........

Takeisha Kennedy

Hey, I'm like so sad that my favorite Queen on Pop & R&B had died Saturday. I will truly miss her lots. I love you Whitney Houston ,

Jack Armstrong

Great singing, Whitney! No one last forever, but what you accomplished with your time is beautiful.

randy

her body wasn't flown 'back to Atlanta', it was flown back to New Jersey. where she grew up.

Barak E Newman

What is 8 inches long and won't be getting sucked this Valentines Day?

Whitney Houston's crack pipe!

Dave Debuccher

Poor Whitney.......All she wanted to do is dance with somebody.

CrabbyChab

HOLY CRAP! WHY WOULD DR.PHIL KILL HER?
THATS UP TO PA PA POWER!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments