Celine Dion

Drugs Killed Whitney Houston

2/13/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0213_the_interview_launch
Celine Dion isn't waiting for the coroner to give an official cause of death for Whitney Houston because she apparently knows what killed her ... drugs.

Speaking to "Good Morning America" today via phone, Dion wasted no time pinning Houston's untimely passing on drug abuse. She told Robin Roberts, "Whitney has been an amazing inspiration for me ... It's just really unfortunate that drugs, bad people or bad influence took over. It took over her dreams. It took over her love and motherhood."

Dion immediately linked Houston's death with other famous people who died from drugs. She went on to say, "When you think about Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe and Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse, to get into drugs like that, for whatever reason. Is it because of the stress and bad influence? What happens when you have everything?"

A cause of death has not yet been determined, but sources close to Houston's family tell TMZ the coroner has told them she died from Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol.

katie from CO

What really saddens me about all this is the lack of respect from everyone who found out and continued to stay at this party and it was never shut down..where is the respect??? Ms Whitney was 4 floors up and her poor daughter..OMG, for everyone that was there at this party, its your mojo you have to face everyday..I am so ashamed of all of you.

lytha

We don't know Celine and for you to make assumption is out rageous, how dare you!!!! She could have just been sick, should we look at your husband as a child molester, he's what 10 times your age

Joy

This is not the first time Celine Dion has had negative things to say about other celebrities. People usually talk about other people to deflect attention from them. Maybe she though no one noticed that she met her husband when she was only 12…..think about it. (sick)

lv

where are the pictures of her when she returned from the club the day befor she died and who drove her home,,and what did she do before she died where are the tapes of the hallway,,,,

lv

where are the pictures of her when she returned from the club the day befor she died and who drove her home,,and what did she ,the morning of her death

sondra

Whitney Houston: Your Love Is My Love

If I should die this very dy Don't cry, 'cause on Earth we weren't meant 2 stay

(Clap your hands y'all, it's alright...)

If tomorrow is judgment day (Sing Mommy)
And I'm standing on the front line
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life
I will say I spent it with you

If I wake up in World War III
I see destruction and poverty
And I feel like I want to go home
It's okay if you're coming with me

'Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couln't hold us
'Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couln't hold us

If I lose my fame and fortune
And I'm homeless on the street
And I'm sleeping in Grand Central Station
It's okay if you're sleeping with me

As the years they pass us by
We stay young through each other's eyes
And no matter how old we get
It's okay as long as I got you baby

'Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couln't hold us
'Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couln't hold us

If I should die this very day
Don't cry, 'cause on Earth we weren't meant to stay
And no matter what the people say
I'll be waiting for you after the judgment day

'Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couln't hold us
'Cause your love is my love
And my love is your love
It would take an eternity to break us
And the chains of Amistad couln't hold us

linda

Guess the nail was hit on the head and nobody likes it. Whitney herself said she was her own worst enemy and copped an attitude on Dianne Sawyer's interview and said crack is a cheap man's drug and she makes too much money to do that drug. However, isn't a drug addict a drug addict - no matter what the choice or cost is. Let's not fool ourselves, when you are out of cigarettes - and the cheap brand is available - do you turn the cheap ones down - methinks not. It's little twisted to dis a person who doesn't have addictions, kudos to Celine for avoiding them - she's had the same pressures as all the other singers and came out on top. As for looking like a starving giraffe, drug addicts, skinny and spaced out are not my idea of the Mona Lisa.

Gianna

I heard her interview and I thought it was a little inappropriate disrespectful. We all know what demons Whitney faced, but the way she was ranting was so very unnecessary. The reporter asked her to share her memories and she went on this 2 minute tangent about her drug abuse and saying that her family is (worthless) because they didn't help her. Not only is she just speculating like the rest of us, but she was loud and wrong in a lot of regards. People like her were a part of Whitney's problem, so may she now, finally rest in peace.

alandra22

Celine is just like everyone else she is guessing that is what killed Whitney BUT she needs to keep her mouth shut until we all find out what really killed her. She wasn't in the room with her so just wait and see what the reports says.

Lillian

Why is Celine giving her two cents? Did she sit and watch Whitney take drugs? She certainly didn't fnd time to sit with Whitney to prvent it. Wait for the Coroner why don't you. Celine, keep your thoughts to yourself, you weren't there.

AlCourts

There are some people who believe that they are law abiding citizens and they are fair people. Yet, they are quick to deny a group or individual the right to express their belief. The Constitution gives everyone the right of expression and freedom of religion. We believe that our message comes from God. Those who deny us this right will have to answer to God in this world and on the Judgment Day and they might have to deal with a lawsuit because our attorneys are looking at the responses when people deny us the right to present our belief.

Whitney Houston presents in her life that she was a child of God, yet people who serve God in the Bible never spent their time entertaining the people of the world. They spent their time defending God’s Word because the devil is trying to destroy the truth of God by setting up people in false religions who are saying they are the people of God. All we want to do is to give people an opportunity to see things in a spiritual way.

Check out our website www.Hear-The-Truth.com

CASSANDRA JOHNSON

TZM IT"S REALLY SAD FOR PEOPLE TO MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT THE DEATH OF ANYONE, WHEN THATS NOT A MEDICAL PROF.. PEOPLE SHOULD BE CONCERN ABOUT THINGS THATS HAPPENING TO THEMSELVES. HOW WOULD YOUR FAMILY WOULD FEEL ABOUT NEGATIVE COMMENTS TOWARS A TRAGEDY IN THEIR FAMILY. I THINK WE AS GOD'S CHILDREN SHOULD SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR THE CHILD THAT HAS LOST HER MOTHER. PEOPLE CAN BE SO HEARTLESS JUST TO GET A STORY OR TO GET IN THE SPOTLITE.

Cathy

I'm really dissapointed in Celine. She should just stick to offering condolences to the family and fans of Whitney and keep her opinion to herself. And why would she compare Whitney to Michael? Very distasteful. I thought Celine had more class than that. And for those of you who are stating that she told the truth. No one knows the truth so she's giving her opinion. We just lost someone we all loved and no one wants to hear all of these negative and hurtful things. Why are people so mean. Consider Whitney's family and put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself how would you feel if people said these things about your mother or daughter.

susie

Celine had every right to comment as she did. She is INSIDE of that industry. Both her and Whitney had parallel careers with multi million dollar contracts. Each knew the open doors that brought. Celine chose to ignore. But Whitney whatever happened is sad, she was a once in a generation voice and very beautiful.

Dahmer

Ignorant biatch.
I believe Monroe was killed by FBI. She wasn't junkie like Whitney. She was on valium, Whitney on crack.