Bobby Brown

Distraught After Hearing

He's Unwanted at Funeral

2/15/2012 5:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0214_bobby_brown_exd_tmz
Bobby Brown is "extremely disappointed" after hearing that several members of Whitney Houston's family do not want him to attend the singer's funeral ... sources tell TMZ.

Sources close to Bobby tell us ... people connected to the Houston family have reached out to Bobby to warn him that he shouldn't attempt to attend the funeral because the family isn't fond of him.

However ... we're told Bobby has not received any OFFICIAL word from the family about his invite status.

Sources tell us ... Bobby WANTS to attend the funeral so he can support his daughter Bobbi Kristina, but he hasn't decided on a plan of action yet.

Bottom line -- we're told Bobby is hoping the family will be able to set aside their differences so they all can focus on mourning the loss of their loved one.

kaycee

I hate Bobby Brown. I think he is an abusive, low life and disgusting. However, if his daughter has forgiven him for his actions and if she needs him there to hold her up on what will undoubtedly be one of the most difficult days of her life . . . he should be there.

Mike

He can find another way, less public, to mourn.

Aaron P

Let the man attend to support his daughter. As next of kin, Bobbi Kris has say-so ove all. She could turn- around and tell yall to stay home.

justpoor

Whitneys family is showing their true colors aren't they. Bobby moved on, cleaned up his act, and Whitney chose to keep doing drugs while her so called wonderful Christian Mama let her continue to spiral out of control. The devil will haunt the Hudson family if they continue in their cruel ways of living. Bobby, if your not invited, rise above it, let them destroy your daughter now. It is being reported that Whitney is broke, all sales now will pay the leeches bills for years to come. I wish just once a family could be honest with themselves and the public and use it as a teaching moment. So to the Hudson family, you go sing with the devil, prey on the public for sympathy, while the rest of will choose to have great lives and enjoy and appreciate our families.

misticms

he shouldn't be there.........he's a slug....who destroyed our lovely Whitney. Bobbi Kristina is old enough to know the truth - father or not!!! I love you Whitney, and you will be missed!!!!!!

blac star

remember that the relationship that the family has with bobby is not the same relationship that bobby has with his daughter; maybe he was a terrible husband, but loving and supportive father. i dont think it's healthy for the family to isolate the child's father; the daughter loves them both. a dad should support his daughter at a funeral and it is terrible that the family would make this an issue; it's disgraceful. they were married for 15 years and smoked crack together; those were whitney's choices family.

Persnlmgr

Wow. You'd think such GOOD CHRISTIANS could put aside their feelings for the sake of their granddaughter and Mr. Brown himself. He's been clean for a while, he IS BK's father, and he should be there to help his daughter and grieve himself.

Very disappointing. Are there any grownups left?

Jayden

I have always been one of Whitney's hugest fans. I was a fan even before she became really started up good, so I feel like I have a right to an opinion since I have kept up with her through the good and bad and remained a huge fan.
First of all, it is time for everyone to stop blaming and hating on Bobby Brown. He might not have been everyone's choice as husband material but Whitney loved him and had many times felt she had a connection with him that was beyond love. I believe she loved that man until the day she died as I believe he did her.
Second, Bobby did not introduce Whitney to drugs as many would like to believe. She was already using drugs before she ever met him. That was one thing that they had in common. Even if he would have, it does not mean he was the one who destroyed her and was trying to make her into an addict.
After I had a bad accident many years ago, I was given a boatload of painkillers. If my husband would have a headache or maybe hurt something, I would offer him painkillers of mine to take away the pain. I was not trying to get him addicted, just take away the pain. Now, he is addicted to prescription drugs and its out of control. He now does have a chronic condition which people take pain meds for, he will take a months supply in less than 4 or 5 days. I also got addicted to pain medications and for a long time we would dr shop together and get excited everytime we would get a good hit, meaning a lot of opiates. I ended up going to rehab and I have lupus and its very painful but I never take one more tablet than is prescribed but I have to hide mine or he will steal them from me and he will get more by any means possible. Yes, I did introduce him to painkillers, and yes, I was a partner in crime and that helped fuel his addiction too, but now I try to stop him and I cannot. Yes, I blame myself, but is it really all my fault? He is an adult and he is still abusing years after I stopped and have tried to get him to stop on so many occasions.
Third, Bobby and Whitney were getting along before her death and she even was the one to sing at his mothers funeral. She was still financially supporting members of his family and they were married for almost 15 years and had a child together. She obviously still cared for him, and he her, so why keep him away from showing his respect for her.
Lastly, he should be there for his daughter. Whether her family likes it or not, Bobby Brown is her father and she needs him and he needs her. Give him a chance to be a real father to her and step up to the plate. It would be cruel to keep him away..
I loved Whitney and I always will but she was her own enemy, not Bobby Brown or anyone else, just Whitney!
If people want to start playing the blame game, the enablers she was keeping up in her family was just as responsible as they were not stupid enough not to see she was still having issues with drugs and alcohol even years after her and Bobby divorced.

Cole

I'm am so glad God don't think the way you all think. How many times have you done wrong in your life yet the Lord forgive. They beat him, spat on him, talked about him, lied on him, pierced him in the side, crucifed him but he died for the sins of the world. Jesus did NOTHING wrong but yet he forgave and continue to forgive. *what in the world are we teaching our children* MY GOODNESS..... These comments are sooooo moronic!!!!!

Sonya in Tx

The Houston family is wrong on this one. Bobbi Kristina will need her father and he's a part of the family whether Cissy thinks so or not.

nh

Bobby Brown cleaned up his act. Whitney could have done the same, with all her money and connections, had she really wanted to. Five years on, Bobby Brown is not responsible, and what's happened is all on Whitney. As for the memorial, my guess is that she would have wanted him there with their daughter, and I have absolutely no doubt she would have been at his memorial with their daughter if Bobby had predeceased her. And nothing Cissy could say would have changed her mind.

Jim in Cali

Bobby Brown is a clown but he was married to Whitney for 15 years and had a daughter with her. Its probably best to allow Bobby pay his respects

imdabest1

FAMILY is FAMILY, whether you like them or not! They should allow him to SUPPORT and CONSOLE his daughter! They can air their ISSUES after the services........

peoplearesilly

The issue is not what they were, but what they are now. DIVORCED. And that is that. I don't believe brown is clean, I don't blame him for her drug addiction although he was a big part of it. He is not nor was he ever a good person to her. Yes, she loved him, but yes HE BROUGHT HER DOWN. And if the family doesn't want him there so be it. None of you or your opinions matter; you are not involved in it == SO STFU and respect their decision. By the way, it may not even be true. Tabloid sites make lots of this **** up and it's not even confirmed. SO RELAX. Bitch later when it's over.

Lauravan

Stay away Bobby! You've already done enough damage. What more do you want to inflict on Whitney's family? You pretty much killed their shining star now just listen and stay the H E L L AWAY!