Bobby Brown

Distraught After Hearing

He's Unwanted at Funeral

2/15/2012 5:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0214_bobby_brown_exd_tmz
Bobby Brown is "extremely disappointed" after hearing that several members of Whitney Houston's family do not want him to attend the singer's funeral ... sources tell TMZ.

Sources close to Bobby tell us ... people connected to the Houston family have reached out to Bobby to warn him that he shouldn't attempt to attend the funeral because the family isn't fond of him.

However ... we're told Bobby has not received any OFFICIAL word from the family about his invite status.

Sources tell us ... Bobby WANTS to attend the funeral so he can support his daughter Bobbi Kristina, but he hasn't decided on a plan of action yet.

Bottom line -- we're told Bobby is hoping the family will be able to set aside their differences so they all can focus on mourning the loss of their loved one.

Alan Carver

I am not sure what side to take on this one. Unfortunately, history and the affects of his drug-crazed lifesyle had a profound effect on Houston, as she tried to get over her days of crack-cocaine, pot and other substances while they were together. Needless to say, does anyone blame Cissy or Dionne for not wanting him around, regardless of their marriage. While we cannot say for sure if he has found sobriety for himself, I suspect not. He does not seem to be that committed to being sober, and that clearly affect Whitney while they were married, as-in introducing her to these substances. What has transpired since they've divorced, clearly the drug demons plagued Whitney, even if those that say she is responsible for her own actions, I get that ... her dying in a bathtub after taking a prescription well in the end, Bobby has done enough damage to Whitney during their marriage, so being divorced now seems like the standard is set ... he should NOT be allowed anywhere near the funeral regardless of what he says he is going for to support Bobbi Kristina.

Roma

Yes, Whitney was a grown woman. Yes, she chose to do drugs. Yes, she was not perfect---BUT make NO mistake that when she married that DEEPLY INSECURE EMMOTINALLY IMPOTENT,IMMATURE CREATURE CLOWN AKA BOBBY BROWN he did not support her and uplift her as she needed to be. HE FAILED AS A HUSBAND AND AS A FATHER. HE sucked, consumed whatever strength Whitney had-her mistake was to give it all to him out of Love. This is a Chirstian family-Whitney took her vows very seriously and supported and gave and gave-this leech took and took. By the time Whitney came up for air she was dealing with a permanent scar that would break open and not heal.Everyone on this site who has ever truly loved and cherished another human being knows what this feels like it is truly painful and very rarely is the void created ever completely filled.Whitney fought this battle every day. Bobby Brown's biggest inheritance is attempt to deal with his abounding mediocrity as a "singer" but most importantly as a Human Being-because post addiction this leech will have to deal with the collateral damage-and Whitney's demise is part of it. So-Mr. Bobby Brown time to FACE THE MUSIC OF YOUR OWN MEDIOCRE IMPOTENT LIFE-just keeps getting harder, doesn't it?

Fancey

I hope that this report of the Houston family not wanting Bobby at the funeral is a rumor. I can not imagine anyone not allowing him the opportunity to be by the side of his daughter during this tragedy. I also hope that people will stop blaming him for her drug use. Whitney was an adult and made her on desicions. If you watch her interviews she always stated that she was not totally innocent and that we the fans and media do not know her. This is what I loved about her - her honesty. She never blamed Bobby for any of the bad desicions that she made. The only thing she stated in one of her interviews is that she will not accept anyone cheating on her as she take her vows to heart. After the divorce Bobby became sober and drug free and remarried. Lets stop blaming him and just offer our condolences to both the Houston and Brown family. RIP Whitney and Bobby keep your head up!

Kimberly

He is the father of their child. Why be so ignorant to not allow the man to stand with his daughter. He may have been the some of the cause of her drug use but she had a mouth and could have said no to drugs like so many others. Blaming him for her drug use is like blaming a fork and spoon for your obesity. I hate when people make a funeral all about them. It’s not about you and who you like or who you don't it’s about the one you are laying to rest, get over yourself and act like adults.

LAKESHIA

I think as people we need to set aside our differences and focus on the lost of a loved one and let Bobby attend the services so that he can not only be there for his daughter but also so he can have closer with in himself in saying goodbye to his former wife. After all he was her husband and if they are proclaiming to be Christians that is not the way to handle that. What if God threw us away for every wrong we did in this life? Where would we be? The family should put aside there dislike for just one day and honor Whitney's name in peace.

DAWG

That's some BS, he should be there for his daughter!

Lydia

Why wouldnt he be at his ex wifes funeral. He should be allowed to pay his last respects and he should also be ther to support his daughter. Even if her family hates him cant it wait until after the funeral.

Kelly

I really hope the family gets past their collective feelings and understands what is good for Bobbie Kristina should be honored. I feel so sad for this young woman , she was so close to her mother. No one should lose their mother so soon. I hope she finds comfort .

Cheryl Luv

Whitney's family should let Bobby be there he was the Love of her Life, and their daughter would want him there.....

Michael C, Teniente

I put the blame on BB for what happened to Whitney, but after seeing this photo, you can see he's in pain.

Maybe it's just time to forgive.

That's all I have to say.

mike t.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

He should be used to not being wanted ANYWHERE ha ha.....

Marie

In my opinion Bobby Brown should be there at his ex wife's funeral. They were married for a long time and he should be allowed to pay his last respect.

lola

wow he wants to be there for his daughter and you can tell he loved whitney i think if the family really cared about bobi kristina they would chill the **** out ande let em all mourn in peace .....black people smh

Tammy Rajah-Allen

omg I disagree with that... I truly understand how the family my feel about Bobby Brown, but that was whitney choice and although they both had there differences he should be able to attend her service too show his repect to his ex- wife, as well to support his daughter. She grown and she should be able to make her on decision on her father. I just hope the family can get thought this hurtful time and focus on there love one and can find it in there heart to forgive Bobby Brown for all his ways and leave it to God to take care. My heart really truly goes out to her daughter and her lovin mother. May they find peace in all this tragedy.

Minnesota Lakefish

My comment yesterday: 5 likes, 10 dislikes. Wow, I'm a bit surprised. But, posting a 2nd time now to say: Have you ever had someone die in your life, and you want to go to the wake, or funeral, or sit Shiva, whatever - just for your own sake, no-one else's - to have closure, perhaps say a prayer and ask for forgiveness? If you haven't, you will someday and perhaps then is when you'll know what this situation can really be like for a person, whether you believe they're a monster, an angel or the Tooth Fairy. I wasn't able to go to 3 of my 4 grandparents' funerals when I was a kid and young adult due to logistical situations in the family (we lived very far away). That's a different relationship (being a granddaughter), of course, than being an ex- but, the fact I couldn't go to say goodbye at times bothers me to this day (I'm talking about 25- 30 years later). I continue to believe BB should be allowed to attend the funeral.

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments