Brett Ratner

Making a Bunch

Of Gay Videos ... for GLAAD

2/15/2012 9:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0215_brett_ratner_tmz_BN
Brett Ratner
's word is his bond -- three months after he resigned as producer for the Oscars, for using a gay slur, the director has followed through on a promise to work with gay leaders to raise awareness about gay discrimination.

Brett met with officials this weekend for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation -- and today, they announced a special video campaign (produced and directed by Ratner) in which Hollywood celebs and pro athletes will "come out of the closet" in support of equality.

It's unclear when the video series will be released.

As we previously reported, Ratner -- best known for directing the "Rush Hour" movies -- was at a fan Q&A session for "Tower Heist" back in November when he told the crowd, "Rehearsal is for f*gs."

Ratner was supposed to produce this year's Academy Awards ceremony, but resigned from the position over the gay slur scandal. He has since apologized profusely for his statement.

karlew

Dem gay guys made him an offer he couldn't refuse

stu

Will Harvey (& the other shorty from Peoples Court) be in the video? I heard the Douglass the Bailiff gives them both a tall ride.

Mikey

Titles include: "Anus is Exit Only" and "No Homo, No Homo"

Tammy

Well, I guess I'll have to get my book out and start entering more name sof people's whose work not to support.

Rhubino

I always liked Arnold's dis of Lou F. in Pumping Iron when he saw Lou drinking milk and said "Milk is for babies". I think we should all start using that one. This guy could have said "Rehearsal is for babies". Babies wouldn't be offended because ... they're babies.

Jim in Cali

How frickin lame.

joesoverign

another example of stupid *ss p.c. gone stupid! queer's say that sh*t all the time to each other. they are fa&&ot's and are gonna pay for their perversion one day in hell. america is becoming a land of fruit's and nut's!

Cognizant _illiberal

Gays quit trying to make us tolerate your perverted lifestyle
And quit confusing Patriotism for racism WAKE UP AMERICA!

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

I bet Tim Tebow will be the first to come out... then maybe Bradley Cooper. Tom Cruise would be a big name to land too.

3Storms

I am not for homophobia in any regard, but at the same time I am getting sick of gays acting like they need to be specially catered to. Equality does not come from special treatment while attacking anyone who calls it out as a bigot..
And gays need to grow the hell up and accept that the "F**" word is applied to more than just gays, and it never has been.

Seldombinlaid

In England in the 70s a f a g was a smoke, and a f a g g o t was a meatball. And being gay meant you were happy. Well the last part was in America as well. Have to watch what you say were ever you go .lol I asked for a napkin over there, and they told me they were in a dispencer in the ladies room.

Bubo22

This is so stupid. Im offended that they are trying to bully people to love them. Once again this just shows that the one that always scream "tolerate me and dont hate me" are the ones that are intolerant and hateful of others. Remember FREE COUNTRY. Everyone does not bow to you all. THank you.

tgrfan42069

so in other words.he used his free speech and now he has to kiss the ***gots ass because he used free speech.***gots think they are the only one with opinions in this country.if you speak out against ***gots lifestyle choice you get called a homophobe.bunch of pansy ***gots

The Gorn

Ratner is such a sh*tty director. It's hard to believe that anyone would give him work.

Jay W.

yeah... like we need more equality crap shoved down America's throat.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments