Oprah Winfrey

Invited to Whitney's Funeral

2/16/2012 10:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0216_oprah_whitney_getty_ex
Oprah Winfrey has made the cut ... and is one of the stars who has received one of the coveted invitations to Whitney Houston's funeral on Saturday ... TMZ has learned.

Houston family sources tell us ... several of Houston's famous friends have been invited, but Oprah is by far the most famous person on the guest list.

We're told Houston family members are hopeful Oprah will attend.

Kevin Costner, Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin are also expected to participate in the funeral services.

JiLL1

I like Oprah. She's always very positive & probably has a life lesson to share about Whitney's passing

tifosi44

Who the HE** cares. Just another pathetic, self destructing DOPER that got high for the last time. GOOD riddance.

JiLL1

Kevin Costner too? That guy's a douch

chucklehead

really is an invite to a friends funeral coveted?

viviane

we miss you dear whitney!!!!!
que Dieu te protege

Q

pssst: someone tell the Houston family, Oprah is no longer considered famous anymore. Not with those OWN ratings. She's an absolute failure now, her party ended the day she forced Obama on her audience after claiming for decades she was "I'm Every Woman"...no she wasnt--she sees color only. Her OWN ratings are the response to that stance. She WAS once famous, no longer now. Find a new "most famous person on the attendee list", it aint Oprah. She's history now.

towngirl

I wonder will she trying to bring her sidkick Gayle?

PokerStar

Her funeral WILL be aired on CNN & HLN @ 8 am PST.

obama'saracist

wow a drunken crack whore is a huge deal in jersey who knew

Sensible Sense

I am sure Whitney's mom only thought is of Oprah's showing up to her beloved daugher's funeral. You are lame TMZ. Read the NY Times article http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/nyregion/in-east-orange-before-whitney-houston-was-a-star.html?hp

I can't wait to be invited to Oprah's funeral. I hope it happens soon.

TPF

Now it's going to turn into a circus. Put the dope head in the ground. She did this to herself, just like Michael Jackson did.

Hershey Hickenbottom

I wonder if she'll take Stedman or Gayle?

Leila

If anyone would have been in Whitneys shoes - having lost their voice, having gone on a world tour dismaying everyone's expectations, having felt humiliation in the world's press, their self-esteem would have declined dramatically. And yes, people would have (maybeeee) gotten over such a horrible episode. BUT, after such a miserable experience, wouldn't have any human person gone totally BESERK, if they would have had to preform AGAIN in front of all the stars in L.A., OMG, anyone would have **** in their pants, now, I would have drank alcohol excessively and I would have taken pills to kill my anxiety - out of fear to humiliate myself once again - this time in front of one of the best audiences the world has. Franky, Whitney could habe been invited as a special guest and she could have been awarded a special award for the music she has given the world - without making her sing and without her having to humiliate herself again. How can anyone be soooo shallow, to ask/tell her to sing at such an occassion, I JUST DON'T GET IT.

nORRis8

Oprah is going.

Let the circus begin.

Unbelievable

I wonder if they are going to invite Diane Sawyer. RIP Whitney.