Oprah Winfrey

Invited to Whitney's Funeral

2/16/2012 10:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0216_oprah_whitney_getty_ex
Oprah Winfrey has made the cut ... and is one of the stars who has received one of the coveted invitations to Whitney Houston's funeral on Saturday ... TMZ has learned.

Houston family sources tell us ... several of Houston's famous friends have been invited, but Oprah is by far the most famous person on the guest list.

We're told Houston family members are hopeful Oprah will attend.

Kevin Costner, Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin are also expected to participate in the funeral services.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Verne

If family is so concerned about a small service why is it so important for Oprah to attend. Isn't it more important that her loyal fans are given an opportunity to say goodbye. Whitney belonged to the world. She loved her fans. Whitney was multi-faceted.

Freedom

Oprah is giving the eulogy.

EGYPTBEAUTY

I have always listened to whitney's songs and just last august I sang her song I will always love you on my 40 th birthday in my chat room online, Check it out on youtube search all one word egyptbeauty.The title to search is Egyptbeauty sings to Adminleo. May God Bless Whitney Houston's family and friends at this time of sorrow and to Whitney you will never be forgotton for you were one of the best singing sensations of all time. Sincerely a fan. EGYPTBEAUTY

Please!!!

Yeah You Ms. BIG O you are going. Its all about Money now.

JUN

SHE AND TYLER PERRY MIGHT BE HAND IN HAND, because thats her CHURCH MAN these days. She takes him to church with her all the time as an escort, but I must say Oprah might be pushing her OWN network advertisements outside the sanctuary

iHaveCommonsense

Coveted tickets? This is not a concert TMZ.

IGIVEUP

She's been in show business for 30+ years...Who the hell did you think was going to attend "Tammy" from the local cafe? I swear...you guys would complain over smelly feces. "OMG this **** stinks!!!" LOL...Are you seriously complaining because Oprah is a success..."All she cares about is ratings!" Well that's stating the obvious. Last time I checked people weren't tuning in to watch paint dry. It's her JOB. Don't be mad because she has one and is creating jobs for a lot of other people as well. What have you done for the good of the public lately? NOTHING. Just hating for MF reason.

carlyjanew6

• Whitney Houston confessed to Diane Sawyer that she was the devil. She also stated in that interview that she was a child of God. That’s very
confusing. You have to be one or the other. www.Hear-The-Truth.com

carol

With all this hoopla going on about whitney's funeral, does anybody know whether any of her childhood friends were invited to this star studded funeral????

devon

did oprah even go??? didn't hear about her arriving there and she didn't see her at the funeral.

TheBride

Thank goodness Oprah didn't speak at the funeral. This is Oprah speaking at someone's funeral: I blah blah blah in MY life blah blah blah blah to ME blah blah blah and I was so fortunate blah blah blah so I will never forget blah blah blah taught ME to blah blah blah so I will go on.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7