Amber Portwood

Allegedly Evicted

For Conning the Government

2/16/2012 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0215-amber-portwood-ex
"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood was tossed out of her Indiana home last month for scamming the government and mooching off taxpayer money -- this according to law enforcement sources.

Here's how it breaks down -- according to Amber's lease agreement, obtained by TMZ, the house she was renting in Anderson, Indiana had been subsidized by the state's "Low Income Rental Housing Tax Credit Program."

Problem is, in order to enroll in the program -- a prerequisite for moving in -- the reality star claimed she made roughly $10,000 a year ... MUCH less than what she actually earned in 2010 ... $280,000.

According to sources, Amber's massive income rendered her ineligible for subsidized housing -- no duh -- and that's the reason her landlords evicted her.

It doesn't really matter though -- Amber's still locked up in jail, awaiting final approval to enter a court-appointed drug rehab program.

Rob

This POS made $280 thousand last year? WTF? I work my ass off and have for the last 39 years and I struggle to make ends meet. Damn younger generation the entitled ones. Keep her in jail and then prosecute her for fraud and keep her in jail some more.

55vineyard

I thought Section 8 housing was closed for the time being? When I called HUD last year (live in California so not sure how or if this applies to other states) that is what they told me, program closed and no getting on the waiting list (which takes 2 years).

joecrabs

Who is the Fu*&ing idiot that gave this f*&king idiot 280K? And for what? How exactly did she "earn" $280K? No wonder this society is so F%^$ed up.

Foxy

If anybody is responsible for her living in the Govt. Low Inc. Housing Trust Me Is The MANAGER WHO LET HER LIVE THERE&OBVIOUSLY DIDNT DO HER JOB BY DOIN HER CREDIT CHECK,CHECKING HER W2s&Employment Verification...So Dont Blame Her...I KNOW WHO'S AT FAULT HERE!!! THEY SOUGHT HER OUT!!! THEY WANTED HER TO LIVE THERE...SUE THE LANDLORD FOR DEFRAUDING THE TAX PAYERS HOW BOUT THAT? THEY WANTED THE MTV EXPOSURE THAT SHE LIVED ON THEIR PROPERTY...BELIEVE ME...I KNOW PPL WHO LIVE THERE!!! NOW DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING U READ&TAKE IT&RUN WITH IT! :)

amber

And it is people like her that get the s### they dont need so people like me pretty much get told to get f####d!!!!

julieann

I hope this girl is ordered to pay all of it back AND NOT JUST THE PORTION SHE PAID BUT ALL OF IT. Their is so many people in need of that housing and she took it away from them for her own selfish reasons. I hope she can get help for her problems but she needs to wake up and smell the daisies here... she was wrong and it was ILLEGAL, with or with out little Leah.

julieann

Reading this story makes me so angry. She took housing from someone that really needed it for her own selfish reasons. Oh how i wish i could live in sub housing and make that kind of money. I can not believe that she got away with it for even one month. I hope that she is ordered to pay back not just her portion but the entire amount of what she took from the tax payers and with interest. Gary deserves to be a father to that little girl and she does not deserve to have a mom like that. If little Leah stays with her, she will learn nothing good from her mom.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3