Kevin Costner

Bringing Baggage

to Whitney's Funeral

2/17/2012 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_costner_xposureKevin Costner had his hands full at LAX moments ago, where he's set to board a plane bound for Whitney Houston's "Home Going" ceremony in Jersey -- grabbing his wife with one hand, and a trolley bag with the other.

As TMZ previously reported, Whitney's funeral is expected to be star-studded -- with invites like Oprah, Stevie Wonder, and Aretha Franklin.

Mel Gibson was invited, but is unable to attend.

We posted video earlier today -- Ray J and Brandy are already on their way to the East Coast.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Brenda

So what? And so what if he went to the basketball game with his beautiful wife. This has been an emotionally trying week for all who loved Whitney and the wonderful tribute he gave to Whitney and her family was beyond compare. His work is done. Hope you had fun at the game. TMZ, I love your gossip but this time you are over the line.

jimy Fain

I have only lived upon this earth a short sixty-five years, however during that time I have been priviliged to listen to some of the worlds best and greates singers. I will say with reservation, Whitney Houston, without smokin words, is the very best singer of my lifetime and I know It is not likely I will ever experience such perfection again on this earth. God Bless Whitney Houston.

linda

WHITNEYS DAUGHTER WILL END UP A DRUG ADDICT.!! WHITNEY MADE HER OWN CHOICES ABOUT DRUGS. I THINK MAKING MONEY OFF THIS FUNERAL IS HORRIBLE.!! GOES TO SHOW ALL IN IT FOR MONEY, AND FAME.!!

ashley w

Um.... Does Kevin C have on a vest? Just a plain old black vest over a plain old white t, and friggin cowboy boots?! What year is this????

linda

I HEARD WHITNEYS DAUGHTER SING WITH HER.!! OH LORD SHE WAS HORRIBLE. SHE CANT SING AT ALL. AND WHITNEYS VOICE WAS GONE TO. AND I DO BELIEVE THE FUNERAL WAS FOR MONEY. SO SAD, A DISGRACE.!!! AND THEY TALK ABOUT BOBBY BROWN. AND THEY FLEW THE FLAGS A HALF MASS. ANOTHER DOSGRACE. SHE WAS A DRUG ADDICT, AND ALOCHOLIC. AND OUR MEN AND WOMEN DIE EVERY DAY FOR THIS COUNTRY. WHAT A JOKE.!!!!!!

maria

Well I notice he was talking about Whitney was almost not accepted in the movie role,I think he was kissing a!@#$ to the black community and trying to tell them I am black and I like blacks I think the whole tirade was sooo fake!

bewssv

Who Kevin Costner attends any funeral with is not baggage. He attended! and did so with finesse.
His eugoly was remarkable! go bash someone else!

Asha Amani

I believe the negative comments come from the lack of understanding of how people can love someone like Whitney and MJ unconditionally, and that lack of understanding comes from the lack of unconditional love or lack of love period in their own lives in addition to the lack of relationship and knowledge of God.

AL

She just has always lookied like a desparate hanger on. she just always looks at of place with him.

AL

She has always looked so clingy and out of place. The title is harsh but she is baggage. She chased and ran after him despite his cheating. So anything that happened I hope she doesn't cry foul.

Now he did a brilliant job for a wonderful friend he loved dearly. Kevin always treasured her. She loved him back and they had a deep respect for each other. This was a wise and wonderful choice and Whitney would be so happy. God bless you Kevin.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5