Mel Gibson

Invited to Whitney's Funeral ...

He Tried to Save Her

2/17/2012 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_wmel_whitney_ex

Mel Gibson
was invited to Whitney Houston's funeral ... and the family extended the invite because Mel tried to help the singer during a very dark period in her life ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us ... several years ago, when Whitney was about as bad off with drugs and alcohol as she ever was, Mel quietly intervened and spent a lot of time with her, trying to help her break the addiction cycle.

We're told Whitney's family is "extremely appreciative" and wanted Mel at tomorrow's funeral, but because of family plans he can't attend.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Tellthetruth59

I'm glad you have people helping out, Kelly. Although, I'm very sorry to hear about your back. Please keep us updated. Take care.

kkg

Ms Kelly,

Bette Davis said it best; "Getting old aint for sissies!"

If anyone can see this through with grace, optimism and humor; it's you. You are in my thoughts and prayers as are the loved ones caring for you. Stay strong and remember that you are not imposing on anyone with requests for help. Those who love you are looking for ways to keep you with them!!

Kathleen

Paulette

Back from our Madri Gras Vacation & I have a poem to share:

NOBILITY

By: Alice Cary

True worth is in being, not seeming, -
In doing, each day that goes by,
Some little good - not in dreaming
Or great things to do by and by.
For whatever men say in their blindness,
And spite of the fancies of youth,
There's nothing so kingly as kindness,
And nothing so royal as truth.
We get back our mete as we measure -
We cannot do wrong and feel right,
NOR CAN WE GIVE PAIN AND GAIN PLEASURE,
For justice avenges each slight.
We cannot make bargains for blisses,
Nor catch them like fishes in nets;
And sometimes the thing our life misses
Helps more than the thing which it gets.
For good lieth not in pursuing,
Nor gaining of great nor of small,
But just in the doing, and doing
As we would be done by, is all.

michelle

" I'm for truth, no matter who tells it.
I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against "
" You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom "
M. Little

THE BEAVER

kelly: 3 days ago

Hi Bunny and Tell Thank you for your concern.The Dr. thinks I have another fracture so I have to have another MRI to see what is going on. My niece helps me when I need it. She is really good to me. Also have step-children that will help me when I need them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kelly, have you ever had a PET scan done?

THE BEAVER

kelly,I haven't read that much all your back problem. I am no doctor but if it may be be a disk in your lower back that is giving you so much trouble.

If you get no help from the MRI reading, and still having problems, you may want to seek other scans, or get a second opinon from another doctor, hun. If you have a disk in your back that is pressing on a nerves, that hurts like hell. You will have go in and get that nerve off the disk, hun. If that is the case, get ya a good doc that does operations on nerves. I forgot what you call them.

Anyway, about the PET scan here is the link to it:

The best of luck to you!!

THE BEAVER

I swear! I type like a drunk Mel Gibson!!

Sorry, Mel!! Ba..hahaha!!

I love ya, dude!!!

kelly

Hi Beaver,
I am still waiting to get the MRI done. Surgery is not done on the discs any more. They do a procedsure(MS) called glueing. I have the best dr. in this area. Thank you for your concern and advice.;o)

THE BEAVER

They glue? Wow! If they do that, maybe I got get them to glue me some big sugar tits on, and try to get Mel Gibson.
I could have me some nice shirts too!!

Best of luck to you, Kelly. Having back problems isn't funny at all, and it hurts like hell.

kelly

Paulette,

From what I have been told it is not uncommon for a person my age to get a pressure fracture from picking something up that is to heavy and that is what I did.

Thank you for your prayers.

kelly81

THE BEAVER

kelly: 12 hours ago

Paulette,

Thank you for your prayers.

kelly81

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEY! You just gave all housewives a good idea to get our men to help us around the house. Doctor says I can't pick up anything heavy. I could fracture myself, and you woudn't want to carry me around, would you? Yeap.. that would work. When it comes to pain, men are one big baby. Tell our husbands, you will have to carry the laungry baskets, vacuum, and carry all the food bags..ETC.

Thanks, Kelly! Wish me luck!! WINK lol