Bobby Brown

'You Have to

Move On Sometimes' [VIDEO]

2/17/2012 6:13 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0217_bobby_brown_splash_videoBobby Brown gave an emotional tribute to Whitney Houston during a New Edition concert in Maryland last night ... and then he totally RUINED the moment.

The tribute was nice ... with Bobby thanking his fans and his family for support and saying, "Life is life ... you have to move on sometimes."

And then he said this, "I love [Whitney] like I love God ... my name is BAD ASS Bobby Brown."

You stay classy.

Bad Ass Bobby will continue the concert tour tomorrow night -- hitting the stage at an Indian casino in Connecticut just hours after Whitney is laid to rest in New Jersey.

Stay tuned ...

JiLL1

Forever a douchbag

gossipgirl86

This loser is going to milk this for all it's worth. Interviews, press, ect.....LOSER STOP REPORTING ABOUT HIM TMZ!! You are making his azz relavant!

michelle

Jack Ass Bobby Brown!

Tina

No it's "DUMB ASS" Bobby Brown.

writenow

But it's Bobby Brown. Were you expecting something uh, classy?

SallyChi

I can sympathize with Bobby. He hasn't been with Whit for about 3 years. They probably haven't seen each other so he's moved on with a new wife and new kid(s) and he has people to support. I can totally understand. I did almost the same with my aunt. I went to the viewing but didn't stay for the funeral. I went to work.

AndyShep

TMZ is selling a lot of ad space as a result of this tragedy. Pointing the bad guy finger at Bobby sells. How sad. He didn't do anything wrong there, but it sells more ad space to create controversy out of grief.

Marilyn

Are Bobby Brown & Chris Brown
{2 Browns who beat on or put down women}
brothers?
Both should get NO air time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nan

idiot.

Chris

POS

Sue

I don't know what you want from the man. He said "thank you for the prayers, thank you period". The "bad ass" comment was clearly said to segway into the band's musical set.

cindy

He's either in denial about whitney or just doesn't care.

John

DEAR BOBBY BROWN:

I love you so much. I admire your strength and your beauty. I don't blame you for pressing forward. Why force yourself on that family if they don't accept you. The past is the past and you both (you and Whitney) should have moved on. Evidently, she DID NOT move on. I admire your strength. And I have always admired your beauty. My prayers are with you.

SINCERELY

Sue

I don't understand the criticism-he said "thank you for the prayers, thank you period."

His bad ass comment was simply a segway to the band's musical set. I give Bobby Brown alot of credit. He seems to have done a much better job with his rehab, than, unfortunately, Whitney did.

Different Rules Apply

He loves Whitney? Did anyone read the excerpts from his tell all book? Love does not come to mind while reading what he had to say about her. And for those in this thread who "admire" Bad Ass Bobby, you are as classless as he is.