Bobbi Kristina

Family Wants Rehab ASAP

2/18/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Houston family wants Bobbi Kristina to enter a live-in rehab facility ASAP.
Whitney Houston
's family wants Bobbi Kristina to enter a live-in rehab facility ASAP -- but sources tell TMZ, they're holding off on telling her until after Whitney's funeral today.

According to sources connected with the family, Bobbi has struggled with substance abuse issues for the last three or four years -- and the family wants her to seek out professional help at a 60-day live-in treatment facility before her problems get worse.

We're told the family is aware Whitney fell off the wagon in the weeks leading to her death -- and they don't want the same fate to befall her daughter.

But they're not putting pressure on her to enter rehab right away -- they want to give her time to grieve during and immediately after her mother's funeral today.

Attempts to reach Bobbi directly were unsuccessful. So far, it's unclear if Bobbi plans to heed her family's advice.

Lads

I hope each one of you at TMZ Dies a painful death. You guys are the most insensitive s***bags that ever had the liberty to publish anything. Those who hurt others will know no joy.

Debbie B

so I quess people thought it was ok to raise a daughter in the presence of drugs and alcohol abuse...the family should of stepped in and taken this child and maybe she wouldn't be in this situation today.

Justin I

How disrespectful. So a "source" says that the family wants to give the girl time to grieve before asking her to go to rehab... and you guys want to try contacting her before her mom's funeral to ask her what she will do? TMZ ... I love gossip but damn this is low...even for you.

ladyday61

for those who make the nasty comments about Bobbi's looks. I wonder what people would say about you or your kids. Look in the mirror or remember the things you've heard people say about you. People who say things like this usually have someone who looks like ET in their family.

shar

I think the little guy for TMZ should also enter rehab, because there is definitely a problem here. Hellooooooo,
leave the poor kid alone, she is struggling enough. Folks, maybe its time to start shutting down this garbage and the only way is stop subscribing and watching. These media dogs are destroying lives.

connie

to kristina bobbi,
I am so sorry for your loss, I also lost my parent and recently my brother. I am so sad. I know what it is to self medicate and please your mother wouldn't want that for you take the time to pray, read your bible and think what is best for you at this time, you are a beautiful young lady with a beautiful future ahead of you, I pray that the family forgives your dad for anything in the family issues, every family has them, but love covers all thing and forgiveness is the greatest gift of all..if you go away for a respite try to find a christian place to learn to cope the Lords ways and not the worlds way..God Bless you and your family,,,time will help you to move on and the Lord will be your greatest Cheerleader,,I am praying for you

Vanessa

why dont u people get a life and leave this family alone place yourself in their shoes how would you feel let this family grieve for their love one as you would want to do for yours they are still human. maybe some of you who are responding negative are the ones need a rehab to become humans instead of being fools.ou need to pray for the family instead of bad mouthing them.

Helena

Is websites like this that makes people turn to drugs and makes it difficult for them to get off of em. But I guess its our fault, because if people like us stop going to these websites they wont make money and will be forced to shut down.

lk

Doesn't her family get that you move to get her into rehab asap because she might end up dead like her mother because the cowards didn't confront Whitney, idiots.

Jim Jones

It's to bad that TMZ's office was not on one of the top floors of the twin towers during 9/11! The world would be a far far better place today!

Tammy

She's 18 and has had a problem for 3 to 4 years REALLY why didn't this family speak up before this. What a bunch of losers.

nick

This reports just roll off the "pen" with no WFT is going on. At what point does it become staggering, and note worthy, that it is an entire family that has substance abuse issues? Is this now standard "entertainment" news?

woodin

"Bobbi has struggled with substance abuse issues for the last three or four years" What's the hurry folks,she has another 10 years or so to tie her mother. Wake up people....

dee

The daughter has and will always be into drugs its her upbringing and her dna, maby she could change I doubt it so let her ruin her life not out faults because she is gonna do what ever the drus makes her do and the family might as well face it shes on her own and all her followers are after the money and high oh times so she will be six feet under from drugs one day. Pathetic.

glenda

She'll need more than 60 days I hate to say if it's been a 3-4 yr addiction, no less then 90 days