Bobbi Kristina

Family Wants Rehab ASAP

2/18/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Houston family wants Bobbi Kristina to enter a live-in rehab facility ASAP.
Whitney Houston
's family wants Bobbi Kristina to enter a live-in rehab facility ASAP -- but sources tell TMZ, they're holding off on telling her until after Whitney's funeral today.

According to sources connected with the family, Bobbi has struggled with substance abuse issues for the last three or four years -- and the family wants her to seek out professional help at a 60-day live-in treatment facility before her problems get worse.

We're told the family is aware Whitney fell off the wagon in the weeks leading to her death -- and they don't want the same fate to befall her daughter.

But they're not putting pressure on her to enter rehab right away -- they want to give her time to grieve during and immediately after her mother's funeral today.

Attempts to reach Bobbi directly were unsuccessful. So far, it's unclear if Bobbi plans to heed her family's advice.

Ashley

C'mon people. DUUUUH! Bobbie Kristina was unavail for comment? Of course she was. She was at her Mother's funeral. This girl is 18 years old. No one can force her to do anything that she doesn't want to do. JESUS! What a bunch of nonsense this article is.

Palin2012

Wow what a pity,,,,parent's legacy. God Bless her and I hope she listens to her grandma and those that love her and has her best interest at heart. Poor grandma at her age to loose her daughter to drugs and now her grandaughter has issues with the same.

peachie

I have never commented on anything in my life but all of U who have something NEGATIVE to say about Whitney I hope U have lived a spotless life. cause every one have deamons. and no ones perfect..

Ron

TMZ,I'm disgusted with how you're using this tragic event as a way of making stories.Media has truly proven themselves as heartless b******s using every event happy or sad,to make quick bucks. What happened to nice and honest journalism. Its a shame

My Prayers

Bobbi Kristen My prayers goes out to you. I lost my mom and I know the pain. Despite what media sources do, just know God has everything under control. Love you and know there are people who is constantly praying for you...

Jacob

I wish her the best, hope she may someday come out with a cd of her own, Houston fans await.

Felicia

They only want her in rehab so they can get Power of Attorney to handle Whitneys money....they are just money hungry...

Canada Guy

Ok, let me get this straight. This girl has been identified by Whitney's "people" as having a drug problem for 3 or 4 years and she is only 18 years old?
So it was condoned when she was 14 to take drugs, but now that mom is dead they think maybe its time to address the issue! This is Hollywood enabler mentality at its worst.
People are giving TMZ crap for trying to contact her, but it seems that nobody else give a rat's bottom enough to address the issue.
Lock this girl up, for her own good.
Whitney's family can't make any money off her so they have no reason to try to fix her.

Ruby Merritt

Whitney's family need to stay out of Bobbie Kristinas business...we don't know it wasn't her family who pushed Whitney into her behavior anyway. There are some questionable characters for sure. I remember Dionne scaming everyone with her physic crap...They are probably trying to position for Bobbi Kristinas inheritance...leave her alone...and don't try to scam for her money under the pretense of LOVE...some of us are not fooled. Death brings the demons of families out...prey and the predators..

M. Cates

I pray from my heart for this family. Bobbi is so vunerable because of Whitney/Bobby's lifestyle. She really needs to be in rehab, etc. I sincerely hope she doesn't follow in her mother's footsteps. Best wishes to her.

M. Cates

Freddie Rios

Those 60 days rehabs are a joke, no one can ged rid off drugs dependency in 60 days. the body is clear at 3 days afters using cocaine, Marihuana at 31 dyas but the psicological dependency takes years to rehab.

Koatz

If she does rehab, I hope they make a show of it. Her time for fame has arrived. I wonder if she can sing?

cate

Poor little rich girl story. This young lady needs serious rehab unfortunately it's her choice to go for help as she is an adult. Two ER visits in a 24 hour period for alcohol (she is underage who is buying it for her?) and drug use is a serious issue. I lost my mother at about the same age and I did not go on a drug/alcohol binge. I will not say it isn't traumatic because it is. I has taken me years just to be able to talk about it without breaking down. I will say it is a sorry excuse to get high. He mother had drug issues in the past that may have contributed to her death and that alone should give Bobbi the desire to stay clean and sobor in her mother's memory. The issue about her father not being able to see her? Once again this is a young ADULT that can make her on decision to see him or not. For her sake I pray she does enter rehab ASAP....and immediately after the funeral is best otherwise they may find her dead. Bobbi I pray you read this and get the help you need. The pain of losing your mother will never go away ....you just learn how to live with it. She would want you to get counseling. Please, do it in her honor. My love to you. .....someone that lost her mother too.

Laura

My heart goes out to Bobbi Kristina and will keep her in my prayers during these crutial times of her life...