Whitney Houston Funeral

Bobby Brown Bailed

Over Seating Dispute

2/18/2012 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown was asked to leave the funeral of Whitney Houston today.
Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail.

update_bar
Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident with Bobby as he left the church, saying, "He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone" (see video below).

Brown issued a statement later on, saying, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions."

He continued, "I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene."

0218_al_sharpton_video

Rhogue

-____-

mike

LOSER Enough Said. Don't Know if Kardashian Family as a whole or Bobbi Brown is The Nations Biggest D-BAG

SYLVI212

Still as classy as ever, I see. Your freakin' daughter was burying her mother! Couldn't you just put your ego on hold for that? I think it was incredibly nice the family invited you plus two other people and you still had to ruin it. You are a jerk, Bobby Brown.

Stiletto

I'm surprised he didn't burst into flames upon walking onto holy ground...but then the same thing surprises me about that dirtbag Jesse Jackson.

PopTart

***** needs to just sit down & wait his turn. It's not about him today. Sheesh!

Tami

Like someone already said.. Its NOT about you BB.. if you really wanted to be there for your daughter you should have abided by the rules because they did NOT have to even allow you to be there. Shame.. I am so glad that My Father would have done the right thing in this case.

peoplearesilly

Why don't you fricking people wait for facts instead of believing a tabloid website? GIve it a break for Christ's sake. They post **** to incite posts to make money. WHAT ABOUT THAT DON'T YOU GET? It may or may not be true. Before blowing your big mouths off why can't you wait for the truth? As it stands, what these fricking tabloids past is the truth for most of you morons.

patty

ok that makes more sense - but cissy and family better be careful, if the keep bobbi away from her dad, she will eventually resent them and they will loose her - if bobby brown is that bad as a father, they need to let bobbi/kris to see that and make up her own mind, all they are doing is going to drive bobbi/kris away

Amalia

It's a funeral. It's not a VIP room in Hollywood. You don't roll up with a posse. Unacceptable. Although, part of me thinks he should be able to sit next to his daughter. Although, if he thinks its okay to roll with an entourage, who knows how supportive he could be to his daughter?>

CRAZYGIRL

Bobby Brown is a dirt bag!!!!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

More proof that he thinks of himself first & everyone else second. It's NOT about him though he'd love to attach himself to it in his selfish way. "I knew her" like so many people want to let the world know. And his shameful "Badass bobby brown" comment onstage the night before the funeral is just another confirmation that this nutty old man is on his way to obscurity just like ike turner.

The only thing I can hope for, though not too optimistically, is that he'll be an attentive & loving father to his daughter, who needs him now more than ever. Other than that, goodbye & good riddance to him.

burner

The question is, "if this is how he acted at Whitney's passing how did act when she was with us all?"

MC

He shouldn't have had to come to the funeral with anyone, let alone 9 other people. He should have showed up alone, for his daughter and that's it. He's such a piece of crap.

Areader

Wow! I'm surprised by this....I wonder if he's even close to his daughter?

Mary

This wasn't about you Bobby, what a jerk.