Whitney Houston Funeral

Bobby Brown Bailed

Over Seating Dispute

2/18/2012 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown was asked to leave the funeral of Whitney Houston today.
Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail.

update_bar
Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident with Bobby as he left the church, saying, "He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone" (see video below).

Brown issued a statement later on, saying, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions."

He continued, "I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene."

0218_al_sharpton_video

Rattu

The media made Bobby Brown the bad guy. I never heard Whitney talk bad about or blame Bobby for her situation so why do you?

So a pedophile can sing at Whitney's funeral but Y'all don't want Bobby there? Ok cool.....You can't have selective forgiveness. If you forgive R Kelly forgive Bobby Brown.

Bobby was not there with an entourage of strangers. He was with his children/relatives who ALL KNEW AND LOVED WHITNEY AS WELL

Sony_K

No one knows the ins and outs of their marriage. Therefore, we shouldn’t judge him. I wish all the Houston family well as well as Bobbie because no matter what he is a part of her life. But he should have stayed for his child!

Diane

How incredibly selfish. Not only to Whitney, but to Bobbi Kristina, and all her family and friends. The funeral was not, is not about you BOBBY BROWN..With your 'bad a*s' self, as you so UN-eloquently put last night at your concert. Making even in her death, EVERYTHING all about YOU. Hopefully, FOR YOU, you will go to your concert, STILL scheduled and get the ATTENTION, there...that you tried so hard to get by 'holding' onto Whitney coat tails. You conned her, destroyed her...but GOD DID SAVE her.

T$

Bobby should have put his ego aside and asked all but 2 people from his entourage to leave while he stayed at the home going. That being said, I think Houston's family is wrong for treating him poorly. Whitney still loved him and would hate to know he didn't feel welcome. What people need to realize is that Whitney's issues pre-dated any relationship with Brown. He didn't bring her down -- she was already going down that path and sought someone out that was like minded.

johnny

What a bonehead!!!Was it so important to seat your entourage or was it important to be there for your daughter and ex wife's funeral? I guess we know the answer.

Fasho

Do people ever think that the entourage of 9 was his kids her stepchildren. Think about. I really don't think he would have brought the boys from Boston with him.

commonsense

Apparently he has no respect or can't add 2 + 1. Good ridens Brown, you're the sole reason why she's not here today.Don't let the door hit you in the a--.

Caligirl

I find nothing attractive about how this entire funeral is being handled. The family is treating this as a SHOW not a funeral. You know there is money being made on even burying the poor thing. The family has ZERO shame, including that of Mr. Brown. Who shows up with 9 people, most not invited? Did they hear about the all star CAST at the funeral and they wanted to see it? Bet your bottom dollar if it were family only, none of those 9 people would have showed. What a mockery of her life. What an absurd way to say goodbye.

Lenabenas21

He shouldn't have left but how reduculous to deny him from sitting with his daughter at her mothers funeral. I read on another site his entourage was 2 of his other children, Whitneys step kids and some band mates from New Edition not exactly random strangers but people who have known and loved her.

Christie C.

He should have gone, to stand by his daughter... but he should have shown up with limited people, as the church is small and OBVIOUSLY they wouldn't be allowed to be seated. He tried to make this day about him and not about Whitney - and that shows that he truly doesn't care, just publicity. Unfortunate. RIP Whitney, you were amazing.

James

When you're high on crack you love everything. Imagine having Jesse Jackson at your funeral to calm things down.

Tonia

*******, Bobby!

RIP

Nine people???? Please, you think it is a circus show? Come on...

shadough

What the hell did he want to bring in nine people for?? What does he think he's doing? Crashing a Hollyrot drug bash? He's an a$$!!!!

robbed

bobby brown is a drama queen....