Whitney Houston Funeral

Bobby Brown Bailed

Over Seating Dispute

2/18/2012 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown was asked to leave the funeral of Whitney Houston today.
Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail.

update_bar
Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident with Bobby as he left the church, saying, "He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone" (see video below).

Brown issued a statement later on, saying, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions."

He continued, "I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene."

0218_al_sharpton_video

smitty62

Once a douchebag always a douchebag.

pete

umm...Bob...you can count, right? i am giving you the benefit the doubt. 2. you brought 9. Bobby, you are a pathetic human being.

Keiko

It was the last sentence that got me laughing. Thank you, TMZ.

Ccee

He should have only bought himself and his children. Everyone is forgetting that Whitney was the stepmother of these children for 15 years, whether her family likes it or not. Bobbi Kris is very close to all of them. Whitney would not be happy with Bobby not being there.

russ

LOL POOR BOBBIE LOL HAHAHA

Chia

Bring nine people to a funeral? Does he not know it is to be of support to his daughter?

Get over yourself. The only reason you get any press Bobby is because you married Whitney. If you hadn't, you might play small clubs, but that is it.

Gsharon 710

If some of those people were his children Whit's family should be ashamed of themselves. Sharpton take a long walk..media ho

Ali Anari

he was a jackkAzz from start to finish.

RIPWhintney

There's a special place in hell for s*** like Bobby Brown. No worries Houston family, God WILL give him what he truly deserves!!

stacy harris

Do you fools know who I AM?????? I'm Bobby Brown...Dammitt!!!!!!!!

LLM

Ahh .. I was wondering why Jesse Jackson looked so miserable through the the whole service. Makes sense if he was upset with Bobby Brown.

brad

I'm surprised that Bobby Brown was invited to the service at all. Bobby was a terrible husband for Whitney at a minimum. He probably escalated Whitney's drug problems bigtime in the 1990s.

Whitney might have smoked a little weed and tried cocaine at parties a few times but I don't think she was a full blown addict until she married Bobby. Either Whitney was the meanest, stubbornest mule on the planet about getting off of drugs and alcohol or Bobby just didn't care whether she screwed up her life or not.

Mo

Piece of ****, enough said...........

dreamon

"invitation" to an ex husband and father? What kind of BS is that? He's not entitled to bring some support?

Houston's have an agenda.

rene

Hes an even bigger freaking idiot than I thought. He brings 9 people, when he is lucky to be there to begin with considering he should be brought up on manslaughter charges? What a dirtbag.