Whitney Houston Funeral

Casket Under LOCKDOWN

Until Burial

2/18/2012 2:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The casket of Whitney Houston.
The casket of Whitney Houston will be heavily guarded until the burial Sunday morning, with a whopping 10 security guards tasked with keeping watch on it ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, the casket will be kept at the cemetery until tomorrow's burial ... but will be well-protected until then.

We're told the family will get an opportunity to see Whitney one more time between now and tomorrow morning.

Today's funeral service featured touching testimonials by Kevin Costner and Clive Davis, among others.

bjn72

i feel sorry for the guys caring the casket on their shoulders. that thing must have weighed a few hundered pounds with out the body. i wonder if the funeral home talked the family into such a expensie casket. michael jackson had a gold coffin with a fancy inside.

Itoldu

Being such a private affair,I wouldn't be suprised if it was planned to move her father,and bury her & him at another location.There was so much announced police presence at the funeral,yet none at the cemetary location.

who cares

So how long before the funeral home starts selling the programs since they have advertisment rights given to them in exchange of funeral expenses? Tacky the way "Christians" do such stuff to make money off a funeral..

patty

@Itoldu: - that is what i am thinking - when you see how much famous graves are robbed and vandalized, that most celebrities have been moved to secure area or the are hidden from the public- unless they are going to keep those guards there forever, i give it 6 months b4 some tries to break in that grave

Boo

I'm not religious, but I find it weird someone is dead in a box among all these living people mourning. Just a box separates. Premature celebrity death is devastating for family, friends, colleagues, but for many others, it's entertainment. I wonder how long it will be until there is a 24 hr Funeral Channel, where people can watch services all day long and vent their rage, racism, sexism on blogs like this...

who cares

On a good note Whitneys death put a crack dealer out of business....

me

It is amazing what she accomplished in really 10 years time. Imagine if she stayed clean and took care of that voice....

JerseyTaxpayer

First of all, if, Cissy thinks she seen the last of Bobbi Brown, boy is she wrong. He has a concert Sunday at the Prudental Center in Newark. Guess he will crash the burial. Second, the town of Newark is paying for all of the police, emt's and city workers for this gig. Real nice in a town that, can't afford more police with a shooting every other day!!!!!!

time to relax

I am in awe as how this country worships celebraties, granted Whitney was one of the best, however, she was also a drug addict, didn't respect her life, her family or her fans, yet even the dumb governor had flags fly at half staff, which is illegal. How about kids that are abused, molested, kidnapped, killed. If Americans gave this issue have of the attention they give celebraties we would have alot less criminal activity.

goaway

How fitting. Love that everyone is talking about the Lord today! Thank You Whitney. Rest In Peace, Our Angel.

ISpeakWithFacts

For those wondering what happened to Bobby:

Bobby Brown left Whitney Houston’s funeral at Newark, N.J.’s New Hope Baptist Church shortly after the service began.

In a statement put out by his representative, he explained, “My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions.

“I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move,” he said. “Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”

who cares

Your God didn't bless withney he f ed her over just like all those surrounding her.......

GreyWolf

To Lucille, you are so right. I was thinking the same thing. White people always post negative comments and hateful remarks when an African American dies. But you don't see posts by African Americans when a white celebrity dies. They to town when Michael Jackson passed away calling him this and that. I guess it just goes to show who has the better class and manners. Or maybe they are just jealous and spiteful and want the attention. Very sad in either case that anyone could be happy or make light of the passing of anyone passing no matter what the race.

bluemoon

LOL at all the jabbering at the funeral about how she's an angel in heaven now. I don't feckin think so. Where do crack hoes go who abuse their children by neglecting them and getting them hooked on drugs? What a hypocritical church. Those preachers go on about how people like that end up in hell. But if you have enough money and fame, they'll talk out the other side of their mouths about how you're in Jesus' arms and you're an angel now.

GreyWolf

Ooh wee! I just love all the haters who have posted all their racist, immature, cruel comments about Whitney. You know why?! Because even though you "don't care" about her, it really shows that you do, because you just can't stand not to be quiet, and show some respect for a person who has passed and that you know nothing about except from what the media feeds you. Your posts make you look sad, lonely, and pathetic. I love it because I laugh and think to myself, I'm glad i'm not anything like you and I have compassion and love for everyone even you losers who post your rants and raves about something that you can't do anything about. So keep on hating, because it just puts a big smile on my face and makes you all look like bitter, jealous fools. : ) R.I.P. Whitney.