Elizabeth Smart

Shows Off New Husband

... and New RING!

2/20/2012 10:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elizabeth Smart flaunted her brand new wedding ring while holding hands with brand new hubby Matthew Gilmour.
One day after tying the knot in Hawaii, Elizabeth Smart flaunted her brand new wedding ring while holding hands with brand new hubby Matthew Gilmour yesterday.

This is the first pic of the 24-year-old Brigham Young student since her Saturday wedding at a Mormon temple on Oahu's North Shore.

Smart and 22-year-old Gilmour dated for a year ... and were engaged for a month ... before tying the knot.

Smart made headlines back in 2002 when, at age 14, she was kidnapped from her home and held captive for 9 months by a sexually abusive psychopath. She was rescued after a biker noticed her abductor, Brian David Mitchell, attempting to conceal Smart's identity while traveling around Utah.

Last year, Mitchell was sentenced to life in prison for the kidnapping.

Dr Hardwicke

She is a very lovely and intelligent young woman I can't even imagine the horrors she went through. There is no way it won't affect her life as long as she lives. I hope she can find joy, happiness and love in her marriage, she sure seems to deserve a little happiness.

She's baaaack

I have no smart-ass comments to make about this woman. She's pretty damn courageous and decided to go forward with her life instead of letting that horror she lived for nine months define it. Good for her.

Queen Karma

No Bethny #76, She did not elope for privacy.
She is famous. She has a spokeperson. Her fahter relishes her fame. Her uncle released a press statemtn this time. She ahs given her interview and pics to People mag about her wedding. She is a reporter for ABCnews. I wish this poor girl blessing, love, life, healing, healing, healing. Therapy. Privacy, healing and therapy.
What happened to her being kidnapped and forced into sex every way with those two pedofiles is beyond belief, so horrible.
Now, she has entered with glee The Fame Game. This is disatourous from her fahter totuing her out The WH under Bush. Awful.
WHEN we all learn The Fame Game is not a good place to be. She is not an entertainer. She is a regular person who needs to stop courting, teasing the media and the media needs to leave her alone. I fear and pity her. I wish her best blessings.

MC

This young lady deserves every ounce of happiness the world has to offer her. I wish them nothing but the best.

Toilethead

I bet she's already knocked up.

anonymous

Elizabeth looks terrific, best of luck to both of them.

HAWK

I wish her the best, however, I am surprised she is wearing such a revealing dress. Where are her Mormon Garments (Jesus Jammies)?? Once you marry in the Temple - you can't reveal so much skin.

linda

Leave Elizabeth Smart alone. She is the survivor of a hideous crime - not another annoying celebrity seeking attention.

Marilyn

Congrats to Elizabeth and her new groom. I wish them much happiness. This poor girl has shown herself to be a great example to young women. I admire her courage and strength. Give her some privacy. She just wants to live her life out of the spotlight.

sue

Leave the poor girl alone!

eurekagold

Good for them but to be honest I dont believe in young love/marriage. 22/24 years old is way too young to get married. Go out and live, have fun, travel the world and meet various people.

Bobo Frog

She's marrying a mutant?

Sparklespice

They look happy, and of course they're young, but he doesn't look 18. He looks like he's in his early 20's. She's beautiful!

Cognizant _illiberal

she is noot very smart the religion teaches you to follow blindly the guy who kidnapped her said he was a prophet so she was hesitant to run away she is very not smart she was photographed while supposedly kidnapped at parties and picnics so she kind of is retarded she was 10 minutes from her house and lots of people have got married at the temple without being a virgin they just take your word for it

Steinberg

Call me crazy, but this kid looks gay.