Women Win Defamation Lawsuit

Called Ex-BF 'Liar' and 'Cheater'

2/20/2012 9:32 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0219_blitsch_exd
Two women who were sued because they blasted their ex on liarscheatersrus.com -- calling him "scum" -- have been vindicated by a judge.

The court threw out the case filed by Matthew Couloute, a New York lawyer, who claimed Amanda Ryncarz and Stacey Blitsch -- a former roller derby star -- ruined his career by calling him various names on the website, including a "liar" and a "cheater."

But a federal district judge ruled the statements were just opinion -- and no one would mistake them as fact.  The judge also said Matthew couldn't point to a single business relationship of his that was harmed by the 2 chicks.

update_bar
Gloria and the girls held one of Gloria's patented press conferences ... where we asked Amanda and Stacey if they thought the whole ordeal would have a negative impact on their dating lives.

0220_gloria_allred_video

MrJuicee

Posting on the Internet about your Boyfriend? How old is this skank anyway 13? How old is Gloria Allred? 12?

O_o

i doubt very highly that comments on a website, that NO one had ever heard of, would damage your career. but, now that this has been brought to my attention, i'll to my best avoid this man at all cost - and i'll share that w my colleagues as well. i'm sure that the ladies won't mention the cheating, lying, loser's bs whining during their news conference. SEE? it all worked out in the end, mr. couloute.

Tammy

While I am not as petty as these two women as to blast the s***bag men I've dated on a website, if this is what they felt they needed to do to achieve closure, then so be it.

ChillyDogg

Calling someone a cheat and a liar isn't opinion.

UPYOURS

Hilarious. He's an attorney, HAD to know what he would need to provide proof and couldn't do it. Did he ever stop and think that maybe he's just a crappy attorney? Going to laugh all day on this one.

peoplearesilly

What kind of questions is this Perez: This is a direct quote from your site? "What we want to ask ... do they think they'll have trouble getting dates now that they have a reputation for blasting their exe." If he's a liar and a cheat, he deserved to be called on it. If some dumb ass man doesn't want to date them, it's probably because they would cheat too. What bull****. Women have worked long and hard to stop this crap, and you post some BS statement like that, which gives people(men in general) an excuse, like it's somehow the womens' fault for suing him? You should know better; you are gay and you know all about discrimination. Shame on you.

peoplearesilly

Ooops -- I meant TMZ, not Perez, but it's all the same.

peoplearesilly

Tammy: I don't think being petty has anything to do with it. It's time men started being called on the carpet for their crap. Don't get me wrong; men have the same right to do it to women, but I like having sites I can check out when I start dating someone. No one else, even those who know the person, are willing to tell the truth.

peoplearesilly

Cooley: It is wasn't true, the judge probably would not have sided with the plaintiffs.

Steve

Question: Do they have proof of him cheating? I tried to logon on their website before I make judgement here. Because there are still a chance that their "opinions" could be either slander or libel according to the law. I think Fed. Judge did not wanted this case wasting his time so he/she dimissed it Make me clear here! I am not condoning his alledged actions! This reminds of an episode of "Two and Half Men" when Rose created a webpage slamming Charlie. He asking Alan (Jon Cryer) on how to stop it. I don't this is the end of the case here.....he will probably appeal the judge's decision.

Tammy

peoplearesilly: Do you really think ex-girlfriends are the most reliable/truthful people? They could have been dumped and are lying because of hurt feelings. It is petty, but like I said, to each his/her own.

NRE

why the long face babe? no wonder he cheated on her...last time i saw a mug like that it had a handle on it. a perfect fit for gloria half-bred

Steve

Guys! This is a precedent now. If your wife or girlfriend cheated, you can put your "opinions" online as a blog, thanks Judge!

peoplearesilly

Superman: He did have the right to sue and did sue. He LOST. What about that don't you get? Dumbass.

peoplearesilly

Steve: If it's true why shouldn't people be able to post it? If the guy was honest, he'd admit he did it instead of sue. He just has a huge ego, and he's a lawyer, and he ended up making an ass of himself suing because he thoughtg he was smarter than the women and could win. Welcome to the WWW. It's not going to get better, so people better watch what they are doing. If you are honest, you wont' end up on a website. If you do end up on one and there is no truth to the post, then sue, and if you're not lying you'll probably win a defamation lawsuit. Women cheat too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments