TMZ Live

Whitney's Funeral ...

Bobby Comes Out on Top

2/20/2012 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022012_tmzlive

Bobby Brown's decision to hightail it out of Whitney Houston's "home going" -- even though he was invited -- was one of the best decisions he's ever made. It's hard to say ... but we think Bobby actually took ... the high road??!! We'll explain.

Pus, Lindsay Lohan thinks her "Saturday Night Live" hosting gig will kick-start a comeback -- wishful thinking? And does she have the dedication and sobriety to pull it off?

Also, ESPN's 30-day suspension of a sportscaster for making a controversial Jeremy Lin comment ... smells like a giant serving of sacrificial lamb. Did the network bow before really listening to what the guy said? We think so.

TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic

(2:10) Major controversy over Bobby's presence at Whitney's funeral -- and this time ... he wasn't in the wrong.
(6:22) Kevin Costner's eulogy -- totally self-indulgent.
(8:00) The gravy dish found in Whitney's death tub -- would you eat out of it? Gary sure would.
(11:00) ESPN fires one employee and suspends another over the Jeremy Lin "chink in the armor" controversy -- but only one deserved punishment according to the people in the newsroom.
(18:05) Kobe Bryant promises Vanessa he'll never cheat again -- but she's already in a New York state of mind.
(26:05) Can "SNL" save Lindsay? Mike thinks it's totally possible, if...
(42:00) Clint Eastwood says there hasn't been a good U.S. Prez in awhile ... time for a TMZ history lesson ... and a theme song by Evan.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

sunshine

I think Whitney's funeral was wonderful. I think everyone who paid tribute to her did a good job. As far as Bobby Brown is concerned, it was big of him to leave and not cause a scene. What ppl tend to forget is that regardless of how we feel, Whitney loved that man and they had a daughter and his kids were her step kids. I personally think that he wants to continue to have a relationship with his daughter w/o her g-mother turning her against him, Whitney would not want that. Oh and FYI bobby had 3 people with him not nine, pay attention to when they arrive and leave. What people need to do is let Whitney RIP, let BK heal and leave bobby alone and let him continue making his money on tour.

Amazed

@ #25 KTMZ: While you are correct that Aretha said she is NOT Whitney's godmother, but was made her honorary "Aunt Ree", I wouldn't go so far as to say that she and Whitney were very close. I don't think that they spoke very often. She admitted in that same Al Roker interview that she didn't realize Whitney could sing until she heard her first hit record on the radio. If they were close, I would think she would have been aware that Whitney could sing before that.

JESUS CHILD

I STILL CANT GET OVER HOW THEY TREATED BOBBY,
HE'S THE FATHER OF WHITNEY HOUSTON ONLY CHILD AND THE ONLY HUSBAND SHE HAD,.
GOOD OR BAD,SHE WOULDNT HAVE WANTED HIM TREATED HIM... HOW WAS KEVIN COSTNER AND HIS WIFE SO IMPORTANT?? THAT BOBBY COULDNT BRING HIS CHILDREN? THAT WAS ONLY THEIR STEP MOTHER/BILL PAYER FOR 15YEARS...WTF; NOT TO MENTION THESE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE CHURCH PEOPLE....SMH CISSY,WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER YOU DO BETTER,,YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED,,ALL THOSE OTHER PEOPLE WERE NOT IMPORTANT...BOBBY SHOULD HAVE BEEN TREATED BETTER........

Angie Shirley

Uh. *****rdly means miserly or stingy. It does not mean stupid.

Lisa

Interesting quotes from Houston attorney saying Bobby's still full o' sh*t http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/lawyer-bobby-brown-broke-promises-seating-contacting-daughter-whitney-houston-funeral-article-1.102660...0?localLinksEnabled=false

Blue

Bobby Brown hasn't done anything to anyone. He has tried to show support to the family, and his daughter. You can't be angry at him because Whintney Houston dead. It's been years since they split up, and they remained friends. Whitney loved him, Bobbi Kristina loves her dad she is just grieving right now. Let A father and his daughter get through this in private. If he was trying to hog the lime light, y'all would judge. And if he stay away y'all say he don't care. Leave the man along and use the negative energy to lift the family up in their time of need. From what I understand Whitney didn't let noone control her not even Bobby Brown. The media, fans, and the one who pointed their finger at this couple every since it started. You all added to Whitney misery because when she was living, you gave her nothing by negative press, and energy. "You", meaning people of the world. When she was happy, she turn on the tv or the radio and heard things about her and her marrigae that broke her heart. She gives us her, and her voice in time of comfort but yet she couldnt find comfort in us. When she was glowning pregnant how many of you were happy for her. That's what I thought. If wasn't just her relationship that weighted heavy on her, her family pulling her one way. The pressure of being a singer, role model, and actress under the eye of a microscope has alot to do with Whitney's depression. Having lots of money and people around who wanted it. The Oprah's , Diane Sawyer of the world who plays God. They want to shredd light, not! It was it the beginning of Industry Suicide. It's when the want total control or the want you dead. And that is your truth. Can't no one man do all "you" (meaning the Industry and the world) all did to Whitney Houston, Micheal Jackson or any star who has fell victim to us. I love you Whitney Houston, I love you Bobby Brown. I'm sorry I don't know you MS. Cissy Houston, but I know What happens to people who can't find peace and stare down the barrow of The media's bullet. You are pushed to your deat! Too much pressure on anybody. Shame on you who condone this! So sad, and yet another who didn't really know the love we have or express for them after their death.

Blue's 1 Two

Faith

First of all, Hear..Hear to Kevin Costner's Eulogy. Well said and Uplifting! No one could have done it any better.
As for BB, married to Whitney for 15 years and divorced since 2007, give him some credit! divorced for 4 years, let him mourn his ex-wife the way he knows how. Leave all your burdens to God. He will take care of it. This is the time to Love each other no matter what. Put your differences aside and await the coming of our God who will judge us individually!!

TEE

I thought they should of left Bobby B alone,,,,at one time or another Whitney loved him for her own reasons..just let him...she is gone..never to be seen or heard from again..let him pay respect to her..the family was wrong...nobody force her..she made her decision .Bobby was doing the same thing unfortunately ...but i felt R.KELLY was best..really true and deep y to the soul..as for K.C. NEXT NEXT.....

David In Denver

Bobby Brown should have been ashamed of himself. If anything, he should have went ALONE to be there for his daughter. But no, Bobby Brown had to go there with 8 people. Never again...Threw out my BB cd's. GTH Bobby Brown.

TMZ_Watcher

Thanks guys. I phoned in (35:16)and kind of played with the question. Of course I wouldn't date woman only after my money, if I had any I mean. I must I thought I was funny and the timing when I said I would go with the one on the left then Harvey cut in with his explanation. Funny stuff. Great show and if I had Gloria Allred on my speed dial I would ask her for a divorce..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5