Charlie Sheen

APOLOGIZES to Ashton

You Don't Suck, Bro

2/21/2012 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0220_charlie_ashton_EX_01
Charlie Sheen tells TMZ he feels REALLLLY bad for saying Ashton Kutcher "sucks" as the new lead on "Two and a Half Men" ... and now he's issuing an official apology to the actor.

It all started on "TMZ Live" last week ... when Sheen called in and told us, "I'm tired of lying ... I'm tired of pretending the show doesn't suck ... I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck."

But Sheen has since had a change of heart and drafted a letter to Kutcher ...which reads:

"Dear Ashton,

My bad.

I was disrespectful to a man doing his best.

I got excited and I threw you into the crossfire, but the rest of my statement I stand behind. You however, deserve better.

Safety in your travels good sir.

CS"

So, we gotta ask ...

YouDontSay

Ashton does suck though, the show is horrible.

cass

He is right tho.. Ashton DOES suck lol

JJ

TWO asshol*s making MORE money than they're worth or should.
I NO longer watch the show or the stupid re-runs.

Steve

grow up Charlie and stick ny what you say instead of listening to corporate, peopple respect honesty. Kutcherdoes suck in Two & a half men and in nearly all movies

The Real JJ

Why apologize for the truth. He does suck. Ashton prolly don't care anyway.

Pam

Yeah, the show does suck. The dynamics aren't there any longer since both leading males are submissive.... No dominant or alpha male....It just doesn't work. I don't watch anymore.

BehemothMoon

Predictable....Charlie using all those people he screwed on 2 1/2 Men to generate publicity for his new show. His selfish drug use almost cost them all their jobs and now he's trashing the show again to promote his....what a loser!

aston

Charlie doesn't say: "Ashton is good". he says "A man doing his best".

Not quite the same thing.

Has Ashton's character in 2 1/2 men gone from clumsy and innocent to being a businessman and mean to Alan? And can no one have a nice mother?

Kit

I keep hoping the 2.5 Men will show up but am, as always, disappointed. I was tempted to write Chuck Lorre last night and ask for my 1/2 hour back. Berta gets two (bad) lines a week. Jake is a pothead. Evelyn has disappeared. And a whole show about puking? Seriously!?!? Charlie is right - the show sucks and so does it's new "lead." Time to pack it in Mr. Lorre and admit that whether you like him or not, Sheen made the show.

moxie

Charlie, STFU. "Safety in your travels good sir"... What an a-hole!!! Ashton, go away. There must be somebody else in hollywood that can play that part!

Mary P

I read it as Ashton sucks because the writers give him crap material. Guess other people didn't.

BB not bb

Well Charlie has to walk on eggshells the way people jump down his throat. Ashton is a nice guy and a good actor, so he will most likely forgvie Charlie. The show he is on is disgusting. Maybe he is too high class for it, and that is why he is not good in it. I have never seen him on the show yet, because I get so disgusted trying to watch it that I have to turn it off.

I think it is on the cutting edge of offenseive, whereas Ashton is more just tradtionally silly. I don't think he is hard edged enough for such a dirty disrespectful script. Maybe that is what Charile was originally thinking also.

It is sad what passes for entertainment nowadays. It is more likely brainwashing into humiliation. Maybe Charlie exposed this show for what it is and doesn't want to be as low a character as this show portrays.

Meggie24

I wish Charlie would go away - he's without a doubt the biggest tool on the planet.

d pokl

the show does suck and keeps getting worse last nights show was a running vomit gag and and jake putting his hands/feet in food as another running gag it was horrible.this season started off funny but jumped the shark when ashton slept with alans mom and went speeding train downhill quickly

d pokl