Whitney Houston

ROCKIN' OUT

to Madonna's Halftime Show

2/21/2012 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022112_whitney_superbowl_ex

Just five days before her death, Whitney Houston was GETTIN' DOWN to Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show ... singing and dancing to the music like her old self ... and TMZ has the footage.

It all went down Feb. 5 at a bar inside the Regent Beverly Wilshire hotel ... where Whitney watched the entire game with close family and friends. For the record, we're told she didn't have one drink.

But she did let loose ... because when Madge busted out Vogue ... a super-excited Whitney sang along and even busted out some of the trademark Vogue dance moves.

Sources close to the actress tell us ... Whitney RAVED about  the performance and then reminisced about the days when she would battle Madonna on the music charts.

At least someone was a fan of the show ...

ALEJANDRO

Awww Whithey. ♥ MADONNA DO IT BETTER. *-*

greatness

Americans are the most ignorant, self-absorbed,and judgmental people in this earth, no wonder terrorist hate you big time. Stop spewing hate on a dead women, nobody is perfect and definitely most of you ain't perfect judging by your vicious and nasty comments. The world loved Whitney and her music therefore let her R.I.P.

New Orleans

What idiot wrote this item? Fire him!!! Madonna's show was WILDLY successful, perhaps the best show in Super Bowl history.

SchoolTheRookies

That halftime show was one of the best halftime shows in the history of the superbowl. Topped black eyed pees. From her regal entrance till the very end, it was great. She did not lip sing the entire time, maybe 40-50% at most. But can you really blame her, shes in her 50s, dancing all over the place up and down stairs. Britney is in her late 20s and she doesn't bother singing for 10% of her show. She also featured very relevant artist and some not so relevant (mia) during her performance and she's Madonna so she doesn't need to do that. It was very well put together and at first I thought, no one wants to see this old bird during the superbowl. My thoughts were completely altered when she made her entrance and I soon quickly remembered who Madonna is. I'll pay to see her anyday. Only person who gets more respect on my list is Beyonce because let's face it, no one can top Beyonce. I hope she does the superbowl soon because I'd love to see that.

Rob

People that blame anyone but herself are the real "enablers!" Who's fault is this... Hers and hers alone! Extremely wealth person, with children and the potential of a long lovely life, simply decided she wanted to be a screw-up! Its sad that many people are teaching young people that this is not whitney's fault for consuming drugs and alcohol. but hey... Most people are idiots...

harrycontests

So IRRITATING!!!!! Not only will TMZ videos not play anymore, but their parent company blocked copies of this video on YouTube. I've really about had it with TMZ. It may be time to find another site for my celebrity news.

brad

wow, what haters.
her half time show was one the best they've had in years ! and for the record, it was the most watched superbowl halftime show ever. Numbers dont lie.

ROBERTO B. MIJARES

THE VOICE ENJOYS THE ICON

jerey

Madonna was awesome on the half time show, best ever in my lifetime and I was rocking it just like Whitney when I was watching it... So annoyed with all these TMZ bloggers hating on Madonna's show... the big question is CAN YOU? never in this lifetime!!! for sure!!!

Wesley Hull

WHITNEY is PRICELESS and those of you that GET IT UNDERSTAND! She is in full support of her SISTER MADONNA who is "DOING IT" and it shows just how solid WHITNEY'S HEART IS/WAS! The MADONNA performance was SOLID!

Kabala

That's not even Whitney - that's Harvey with a wig on. Whitney should have done the Superbowl this year.

willie

May one day we all RIP. Remember that.

Dan

I liked TMZ and we realize you are in the business of entertainment. However, in my 42 years I have never seen such disrespect for someone who has passed so recently. In essence, this disrespect actually discredits your show because anyone who is a human being feels bad for Whitney Houston's family. I would expect severe retaliation from any family if you showed such poor taste and disrespect to any loved one they lost so near to their death. Do you really think people will let these distasteful comments slide? You crossed the line. An apology is in order.

Louis

this made me feel all warm n fuzzy to see the Diva Love...! RIP Whitney!

EDITA ON STEROIDS