Lindsay Lohan

Judge Sautner's Tough Love

Saved My Career!

2/22/2012 3:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_lilo_judge-sautner_tmz_ex
Judge Stephanie Sautner
's zero-tolerance, no-BS attitude saved Lindsay Lohan's career -- at least that's what the actress is telling friends.

Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ, LiLo wasn't a big fan of Sautner in the beginning -- but she now realizes that without Sautner laying out a blueprint for success ... she never would've gotten her act together.

We know ... the judge met with the prosecutor and Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Holley, before LiLo was sentenced and decided it was unwise to do what the other judges had ordered -- requiring Lindsay to perform hundreds of hours of community service within a year.

The judge and Holley realized Lindsay needed more rigid structure -- each month she'd be required to come to court and show she's completed the latest installment of community service, and if she didn't she was going directly to jail.

It worked.

What's more ... Lindsay actually gets it and realizes the only reason new opportunities have surfaced -- including "Saturday Night Live" and a new Liz Taylor movie -- is because producers are watching and think she's turned it around.

Lindsay is in court today at 10 AM PT. We're told she performed her latest installment of community service at the morgue and she'll get another glowing review from Judge Sautner.

0221_lindsay_lohan_footer

themare

I wonder if Judge Sautner would have done this for a poor, uneducated, unfamous person?

Grandma Cracker

Mare, Lindsay IS poor, uneducated and no longer famous unless you think INFAMOUS is the same as famous! Go DINA get that money!

ilovegossip

SHEESH...

Rogue Warrior 3 days ago
You've said this 100 times already. Like I always say, same sh*t, different day..........

Rogue Warrior 8 hours ago
andyscandy, so that's what you call your Hemorrhoids?????

Rogue Warrior 26 minutes ago
andyscandy, nice, so that's what you call your Hemorrhoids............

Rogue Warrior 14 hours ago
Let me let all you douchebags and douchebagettes in on something, Gossip is NOT FACT!!!!!! In order to succeed in life, you have to ask the right people the right questions at the right time to get the RIGHT answers you're seeking. You pole lizars scroll the net for anything that reports on Lilo without CONSIDERING THE SOURCE!!!!!!!!! The public doesn't give a damn what the few of you think and I'm here to assure you that Lilo's performance in this and SNL will be watched by MANY, including you fvk jobs. How else would you be able to properly articulate your H8 for her afterwords???? Oh, that's right, you can't think for yourselves and form a personal opinion so you will read about it on these reputable gossip sites. That way, you don't have to face the truth!!!!!! I just got word that a huge rope supplier is having a fire sale, it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotti roll, I watch things with my own eyes and form opinions on my own. I don't need a fraternity or sorority of H8rs to help justify my thoughts and opinions.

Now as VH said, You might as well jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogue Warrior 21 minutes ago

Now as VH said, You might as well jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotti roll, butt while I'm way, park your phatt a*s on that cone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jwoolman

This article makes no sense. The other judges didn't order hundreds of hours of community service in a year's time - only Sautner did that. The others tried a combination of jail and rehab and Drunk Ed courses. Sautner switched to a rigid schedule for completion of the sentence only because Lindsay was incapable of doing the math on her own and had done only 21 hours in the first six months. Sautner also switched from a combination of most of the 480 hours to be done at a women's center/the rest at the morgue to all hours at the morgue because Lindsay managed to get herself fired from the women's center for no-shows and other disruptions (possibly a first in that court, how often do people get fired from community service?). Maybe the article intended to say something like that but the author missed a few crucial transitional phrases to make it clear.

ketjo

ILG

Like I said they keep repeating themselves over and over and over and over.......LOL

Christy

How sad a grow adult needs a judge to babysit her requirements. When you are doing Lifetime movies...it's all but over.

magmax

The little boy-virgin Rogue Warrior has discovered, with the help of a neighbor’s cat, that he can cut leg-holes into his empty nut sack and wear it as a diaper.

This helps him endure the long hours spent sitting on the curb with a magnifying glass, burning ants and waiting for Lindsay Lohan to come by and save him from his own hairy palms. He is also convinced she’ll buy up all of his Girl Scout cookies and drive him to Chuck E. Cheese.

ketjo

We ought to have a presidently calvacade type arrival at the court house today with lots of hired papz and a nice cowd to make it really look good after all last time was really a dud and Dina's in town directing this production...hell she might even do a press conferance later na !!! thats more Micheal Lohans style.....
Ok I know I'm stepping over a little but its just so easy to do with bunch.....
Back to work.....

Jay

Look I am happy for Lindsay that she is going to have another positive court hearing but I stand behind the fact that she DID NOT deserve this 10th chance.

Also what is soooo impressive about this? Wow the last time she did what 12 days of CS in a month? For someone with no job or true life responsibilities thats really not a major achievement. Lasty the fact that judge Sautner has to hold her hand as though Lindsay is a person with special needs is pathetic.

Will Judge Sautner be on the set of the Liz Taylor movie making sure Lindsay gets to set on time and stays there????

Grandma Cracker

Yah! Today is cookie day for Lindsay! It is time for Lindsay's monthly draw of outrageous expenditures on the back of Cali's taxpayers so she can get her cookie and great big atta girl from Judge Sautner.
Just how much to these monthly cookie parties cost the taxpayers? Why all the deputies on hand to escort her in? She has a driver and bodyguards for f*ck's sake! Gee Lindsay, maybe if you grow up and act like an adult people would not be so totally disgusted with you.
I don't even live in Cali and I am calling FOUL on Judge Sautner and DEFENDANT and CONVICTED THIEF Lindsay Lohan.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Next, they will report that Lindsay has quit smoking and is committing herself to a healthy lifestyle.

I've written that before. But if TMZ is just going to write the same crap over and over....

Kari

I'm glad the Judge was influential enough and strong enough to counter what her parents did to her. They nearly ruined her.

Sloane

if it was really tough love she'd have been behind bars!!!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

...also I think they'll write, after her hearing where they decide she did the required amount of hours to stay out of jail, that she's "killing it" in community service.

Phreaky

I'm sorry, but this chick is D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L
She truly believes she is "fixed" now. And as far as the Liz Taylor movie, producers are STILL not 100% on board with her. Dina just keeps telling everyone she got the part. Lifetime has to be brain dead - this will be the biggest mess of the year. Whether she is capable of doing it or not, NO ONE wants to see this trash play Liz Taylor, and it's a huge insult to Liz to have this idiot play her.
TRASH.
Go Hoover up some more coke in a bathroom stall at Chateau Blohan.