'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

buckee71

People should pray for him. He is obviously depressed...

Babalooey

Unbelievable!
They threaten the poor guy and tell him not to move his hands. What a bunch of s***bags. It's so great when they get gunned down.

rogiedodgie

He just needs some practice.

Erin

He sounds so lonely, poor guy. :(

KAC

May God bless each and every one of you that are unfeeling and rude on here. I've found that uncaring rude people are normally very unhappy with themselves. Prayers for Mr. Von Bargen and his family.

Eric

Those of you who are complaining about the cops: They went into an apartment and found a guy with a gun, and blood all over. They don't know what's going on. The guy could be a criminal, or a raving lunatic, and the gun was right next to him. They don't want to get shot too.

Eric

Sad. No family or friends except for a couple of sisters. Diabetes eating him alive. Not a nice way to go.

Don't shoot yourself in the temple. Shoot in the mouth, with the pistol angled back toward the back of your head. (Or don't do it at all. This guy clearly regretted it.)

MIDNIGHT TOKER

guess he always wanted to be a banker

4arkie

Typical Hollywood Liberal and Obama supporter. May God have mercy on him.

INTERNET T0UGH GUY

I’ve heard about people shooting themselves in the temple and surviving. They perform a partial lobotomy on themselves it’s been do***ented before. Still very sad.

Mark

I hope he's OK. It's entirely possible depending on the angle of the shot.

TOM

God help this man. Please watch over him.

CRIS

So sad. People don't think of actors as being "real people" with real problems. This is a perfect example of the fact that they aren't all media whores, rich beyond belief, and living in a glittery bubble. I hope Mr. von Bargen survives and gets the medical and mental support he needs.

LOVEY

OMG, this is absolutely tragic! And shame on you folks are making fun! This is a living breathing feeling human being!
May God be with you Daniel. I am praying for you~~

Phillip Wilburn

You guys shouldn't put this kind of thing up. This is even low for you guys.