'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

jc

Ok, this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo depressing. I don't think this should on this website. I know I listened but I feel bad I did. I hope he finds new reason to live.

mary

its sad that this is not a laughing matter or for him to be called names. he is tired of losing parts of his body and no one is listening to him , i am sorry daniel and i hope you make it .

mdcny

Life really does suck when you think about it-thats why you can't think about it.

People don't really care. You'd think people who's jobs are supposed to care but they don't. Family and friends don't wanna be bothered with your crap, even when they say come to them with it. Hey, they all have their own problems, we all do and I understand that. Thats why Im able to go on and see my life through. Hell, Iv even sobered up and stopped using drugs and guess what? Its even worse now! Reality is all around me and I have to deal with it. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes I think of suicide, but I have that sense that if I do, Im going to miss something and someone's going to miss me. Iv done enough hurting and the pain Iv inflicted to myself I have to take responsibility and either make changes or accept what's done is done.

You just can't focus on the bad, if so, the suicide rate would climb to record highs. It sucks getting older but I realize that Im better older, lol. Im much more able to process what I couldn't or wouldn't back when I was younger. Just turned 38, wonder how much more accepting and understanding I'll be ten years from now? No matter what happens, Im willing to see it through...

So the moral of this story? Don't kill yourself because you'll never know if it gets better. Look at this guy, he was worried about a few missing toes? Now he's going to have a nasty hole in the side of his head for all to see! But even then, life goes on. If he's lucky.

CaW

Oh, no. Not Grady. =[[[[

AndrAIa

for all of you saying how he "missed" he did not miss, he is blind ffs. I will agree that the temple is really the worst spot to choose and I am not trying to be insensitive because obviously he felt guilty enough about it or else he wouldn't have called 911. This is sad, and it is never good for the family. My thoughts go out to him and his family.

Lolly

THIS IS SO SAD...THIS MAN OBVIOUSLY IS IN THE DEPTHS OF DEPRESSION AND NO ONE TO REALLY CARE FOR HIM. IT IS SO HORRIBLE THAT IT CAME TO THIS FOR HIM. BUT THE PERSON WHO SAID, WHY DIDN'T HE JUST SHOOT HIMSELF AGAIN OR BLEED TO DEATH? IF HE WANTED TO COMMIT SUICIDE!!! WHAT AN UGLY THING TO SAY...THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A SHOT TO THE HEAD TO MAKE YOU REALIZE...THE TRUE MEANING OF NOT BEING HERE ANYMORE!!!! BESIDES THE FACT HE IS IN SHOCK. I AM FLOORED HE WAS AS LUCID AS HE WAS TO BE CLINGING TO LIFE NOW!
MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE FAILED ATTEMPTS AT SUICIDE, THANK GOD IT DID NOT HAPPEN..WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT THOSE WHO DO SUCCEED PROBABLY WOULD HAVE WANTED ANOTHER CHANCE ALSO.
PRAY FOR THIS FELLOW...HE SEEMS LIKE A SWEET SOUL AND A TIRED SAD PERSON. I HOPE HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY COME TO HIS AID...I JUST HOPE HE SURVIVES WIHTOUT BLINDNESS ECT..WHICH WOULD BE TERRIBLE TO DEAL WITH ON TOP OF WHAT HE IS ALREADY DEALING WITH.
GOD BLESS YOU DANIEL

Daphne fuller

To all you people who think suicide or suicide attempts are funny,shame on you guys.give the man some encouragement.dont put him down.

Daphne fuller

Hi Daniel,I am a diabetic myself.i have been one since 15 years old.i am 41 years old now.i have a lot of health problems that I have trouble with everyday,but nothing to make me hurt myself like you tried to do.i have also lost my wonderful parents and wonderful brother within the span of six years.my mom and brother in the span of 8 months apart,same year.2010.i understand you have other things going on in your life,but you should've asked a family member or a friend who you could trust to talk to you.nothing my friend is worth trying to kill yourself over.nothing.i hope you make it and will be ok.even if you loose a body part you hopefully still have your life.try to get help for all your problems and take better care of your diabetes.i know it's hard but you can do it.if you ever need a friend I'm on Facebook.just type daphne fuller.we will say prayers for you everyday.good luck.daphne fuller and son.

Leon Maillet

Holy **** Whats With All the Questions... He Just Shot Himself Stop The Questions And Go There

HaHaHa

Man is he a **** up. He can't even get killing himself right.

Confirm

Why do idiots who fail at suicide attempts call 9-1-1 for help? Isn't that sort of counter-productive?

Jim Henderson

I will pray for you.

Pam

Oh my goodness, that was heart breaking, may God comfort his mind and body.

Mo

wow- the 911 operator says "can you remember your sister's number off the top of your head?" oops

Dennis

It is a shame that he did this but he could not open his eyes because maybe he shot them out. I feel sorry for him that we do not allow people who are in horrible situations be able to end their life with dignity.

I am saying a pray for him.