'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

Max

That is so sad, I hope he makes it, He was one of the best on Seinfeld

Simone

Oh God I couldn't make it past 30 seconds...when he said he couldn't open his eyes...that was too much. My cousin is a nurse. She's told me horror stories about failed suicide attempts and the devastating injuries these people end up having to live with. It's so tragic. I really feel for him. I hope he finds peace in life or death.

jack-55d79

He was very good in Malcolm In The Middle and quite a few other things too. Shame.

Robert

Come on TMZ, at least block out the man's address and phone numbers, for f*ck's sake...

jose

will he be seeing DR. VONASTRUM in the ER?

Woot

Omg, I'm in tears after listening to that. It's just so sad to know that a fellow human being has mentally and emotionally gotten to a place of no hope. I've been there. Imagine your anguish being SO bad, your hell SO all-encompassing, that taking your life seems the only relief available to you in spite of the pain you know you're causing others. Selfishness? Hardly even an issue here. What would YOU do to get yourself out of a very real, endless hell?

Please people... try not to judge this man's (or anyone's) pain.

Ryan

Did he say he **** his pants?! What an awful situation

nachomama

Did I hear him say he had already had one leg amputated, and they were moving on to the other? That's very sad! Guy probably realized he would spend his life in a chair. God Bless!

PJ

that's a damn shame

Stiletto

A man shoots himself in the head...and the 911 operator asks him "do you know your sister's phone numner off the top of your head?"...LOL!

Hope he gets better. He is a fabulous character actor who has made many movies and TV shows totally enjoyable.

pink floyd

hey tmz i don't think you can let public his adress and phone number.

LAWRENCE

Just dawned on me he's the guy from Malcom In The Middle, the leader of the military academy. Very sad indeed.

eugenio

Next time use a 50 cal!

Yeti Lee

It's bad enough that this was posted but come on at least have the decency to block his private info along with that of his sisters. Now some *******s are going to be prank calling with all kinds of tasteless jokes. Why not blast your phone number and address online Harvey?

mousetrap

Alright Daniel. Get it together. And we will do our best not to laugh. Recover, get home, live and be happy, and knock it off and stop hatching all these crackpot ideas and crap like that.