'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

A viewer

Very sad ...

Whatsgoingon

It's sad when people feel hopeless.

dolphin

Really sad. I hope he comes out of this okay.

Mikey

Mr Kruger shoots himself in the head? I don't remember that episode.

igotfleasfromtmz

This poor man. He has blinded himself if he survives.

taz

Why on earth are these calls made public? This poor man. Have some compassion people.

Kari

So very sad. He must have felt desperate to do this. My prayers to him and to his family.

Betty

That is hard to listen to. He sounds so hopeless. Boo to the people who are laughing and think its funny.

Your Mom

COME ON TMZ !!!!!!!!!!! Dont you guys know better to bleep out the phone numbers and addresses? Good job. The last thing this guy needs is to have idiots calling his sisters or knowing where he lives. Poor guy. @least he was able to make the 911 call and not have a slow and painful lonely death.

O_o

nice work on sharing daniel's sister's phone number.

Tracie

You guys have to edit the addresses and phone #s out of there!!! Very irresponsible!

Mikey

He doesn't wanna live if he has to loose a couple of toes, but after he shoots a bullet into his head he calls for help?

smileandshine

This is horrible! Why post this up for us to all hear? It's like posting someone hanging themselves on the front page.

Jody

That's terrible. I hope he recovers. I feel horrible for him. It doesn't sound like he is going to die though, he seems to have all his senses about him. The cop was kind of cold to him.

Patlouela

This is SO sad...I felt like crying..I loved him on Seinfeld...all that for a couple of toes being amputated ?
And the sadness it has brought his sisters...SUICIDE IS NOT THEY WAY OUT !!