'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

Joan

I hope he pulls through and seeks help for himself. Praying for him to recover and live!

parlayer

Failed?? "Half Hearted"!! How do you miss at point blank???

Mandy

His makes me sad. My family and I are huge fans of his. Its so sad when people feel this low. I pray you find yourself and happiness again

Jay W.

Sad to hear this. Still... extremely bad luck to survive such an injury.

Chet Sanders

This guy makes Curt Cobain look like a genius.

IceGypsy

He didn't want to go to the hospital so he shot himself. Really? I hope he takes this as a sign he's here for a reason.

tmzfan

I think it is sick and wrong that you put this call online.

Keifus E Mathews

I know how you feel..I hope it gets better. Thanks for the many many laughs..

Dean

I'm confused . He tried to kill himself because of few toes . Come on there are amazing prothesis which look real . If he needed the surgery he will need it now anyway .whats really shocking is that he can speak .
How rude and insensitive from the operator to let him keep talking . aren't you use more blood when you keep using your mouth muscles to talk ?I understand that the operator tried to get as many facts as he could in case he really dies but this man is bleeding out of his head for god shakes

Silverado Mom

I'm so sorry to hear this. I had no idea he was dealing with these issues. That has got to be very difficult indeed. I wish him and his sisters all the best in this already trying situation. I can't believe you bleep out one sisters number but not the other!!! Please fix that! And keep us abreast of the situation please. I want to know that he makes it. I can't help but think of him from Seinfeld. He's a talented actor.

elaina79

they didnt successfully bleep any of the digits in the one sister's number....her poor soul....prolly getting all kinds of horribly insensitive calls

cageysea

Yeah, this is bogus. You don't shoot yourself in the temple with a .38 and then go on to have a lucid conversation with a dispatcher. He didn't shoot himself. It's just an attention-wh*re stunt.

Sonia

So sorry ! I hope he gets the help he need ! Lucky to have survive!

Just My Thoughts

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he makes it.

matt

horrible that you would even post the call.