'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

kim

WOW COULD YOU IMAGINE IF HIS POOR SISTERS HAD A KEY AND HE WAS DEAD??? I AM SOOO GLAD THAT AT LEAST THEY DIDN'T FIND OUT LIKE THAT GLAD HE CALLED 911 TO SAVE THEM FROM THAT HORRIBLE IMAGE...

kim

THEY DIDN'T EVEN TAKE ALL THE NUMBERS OFF!!! WOW THEY SHOULD DO THAT THE POOR LADY PROBABLY HAS HAD A LOT OF EXTRA UNWANTED PHONE CALLS "CRAZY"

Liz

How sad! I hope he recovers physically and mentally, poor guy.

Anya

Am praying for you, Daniel. Whatever the outcome, I hope you find peace.

TruthFull2000

This is so sad and the jokes people make about it make it that much worse. How anyone could find the fact that someone just put a bullet through their head funny is beyond me. You wouldnt be saying these jokes if it was someone you knew trust me. This society has such an antagonistic view towards people who attempt suicide. Its no wonder they feel alone and hopeless here.

mikole

This is absolutely Horrible. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Jamie

911 Operator - "Do you know her phone number OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD?"
Poor choice of words considering the top of his head is probably OFF - he did shoot himself ya know.

Bird

This is so f_cking sad. I can't imagine the physical/emotional pain he must be in right now. I feel for him and his family.

People here can be so cruel and insensitive. All the jokes and sarcastic comments are sickening. There's nothing funny about this situation. Nothing at all. If you want to troll, go do it on a different story. Finding joy in another person's misery is downright pathetic.

andy

Isn't this guy better known for his very regular role as a military school commander during the peak "Malcolm in the Middle" years???
Yeah, . . . I'm pretty sure.
VERY SAD SITUATION . . .

NYCPaul

If it's so awful that people should be careful about why they should listen - and you have to actually point out who the guy is, due to his general lack of fame - why post the ****ing thing? Creeps.

Carl

Weird. Even if they had to amputate my whole leg I wouldn't do that, but to do it over your toes? Sad. Something must have made him change his mind after the shot because if he was really that serious he could have shot a second time and probably succeeded.

Joan K

Hope he makes it through this and then gets some much needed help.

Virtual Insanity

Very sad. I wish him well.

tgrfan42069

fail

cindyloo

This is so sad. I loved him on Seinfeld and on Malcome in the Middle.