'Cougar Town' Star

$200,000 Cat Fight with Manager

2/23/2012 2:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_christa-miller_getty_ex
"Cougar Town" star Christa Miller's manager insists the actress exploited her to get a job on the show ... then refused to pay her $200,000 in commissions -- but she overlooks one teensy detail... Christa's MARRIED to the freaking show creator.

Manager Jill Littman filed the lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court -- claiming Christa violated an oral agreement to pay her 10% of all "Cougar Town" earnings ... after she helped Christa land the gig ... a sum totaling at least $198,187.

Jill claims Christa paid her for Season One -- but then the checks stopped coming.

Relevant side note -- Christa's married to "Cougar Town" creator Bill Lawrence ... and call it a hunch, but she probably didn't need Jill's help getting the acting job.

Calls to Christa Miller were not returned.

Kelly

Bad docs.

pam

I do not recognize her from Scrubs (never a fan but watched 2 shows) or Drew Carey(which I liked for about 3 yrs.) ...... I think the only story here is, since the two main characters are getting married the show is ending, as it is listed as a 'coquette' production maybe David and Courtney are ending joint ventures? I do not know, they have a strange life, but what do I know.

Johnny Carcinoma

Christa's face looks like plastic surgery gone wrong. She sucked on her last show, and Cougar Town is beyond awful.

iaminthburg

And you ****s have to call it a CAT FIGHT ? What nasty girl-hater queen wrote this headline ?? ( You don't like my ignorant characterization of you, am I right???????? )

Grouchy Smurf

Cougar Town is a television show? Flipping by, I always thought it was an infomercial for a clinic that did really bad lip "enhancements' as featured on the faces of Courtney Cox and Christa Miller.

Amos

Mona, Christa Miller is a niece of Susan St. James of Kate & Ally (Jane Curtain) and played the wife on McMillian & Wife (Rock Hudson).

Cindy

For the comments about her face: it's the picture - I've seen her in person this past year and she does not look like that!

And this is definitely an idiot lawsuit - really? We all know she didn't get the job because of this manager. (And married to the creator aside: she's a perfect Ellie)

Shamrock

Christa Miller's husband created the show....wrote the part...Ms Littman should be saying thanks for paying me for the first season when I did NOTHING to get you that part. She is what is wrong with the world today because the reality is, she should get sued for this!

Shamrock

Please! her HUSBAND created the show, her HUSBAND wrote the show....how exactly did she help her get the part again? She should be grateful for the season she did get paid, I think CHrista Miller should sue her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2