« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Weird Al Yankovic

I Would DEFINITELY Do

The Super Bowl Halftime Show

2/23/2012 9:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_3gb3ysbs_0_xc4aywrm
Fans everywhere have been clamoring for it ... and now, Weird Al Yankovic himself claims he'd be HONORED to perform at next year's Super Bowl halftime show -- he's just waiting for the NFL to extend the invite.

In case you didn't know -- there's a massive movement spreading online ... with thousands of Weird Al fans signing multiple petitions to get the singer booked for next year's show.

But Weird Al ain't convinced the movement's big enough yet -- claiming, "I'd be surprised if that's being seriously considered by the NFL, but prove me wrong!"

When asked if he'd even accept an invite to take the stage at the big game -- Al replied, "Sure, if they asked!"

So we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RaffyBStatenIsland

He's gotta be better than Madonna.

Mike

It would be the first time i'd actually watch the halftime show.

SailingGuitarist

Has to be better than the last few years.

INTERNET T0UGH GUY

Go Al!!!

bittybaby

Too funny!!!! Just about 10 mins ago I was cleaning out a closet and came across an old weird al cd. AND was talking about him with my son last night. It's a sign, haha! Saw al about 8 years ago or so and was so much fun! YES, bring him on for super bowl!!!!

the real diva

i never watch the game or half time show. but if wierd Al performs i would. he is so funny.

Steve

I would watch "Weird" Al at Halfime of SuperBowl next year. I think it would been a lot better thanthis year & last.

The PMG

I saw him in '07 on the Straight Outta Lynwood Tour, this man puts on ONE HELL OF A LIVE SHOW. If he did the Super Bowl, I would find a way to get there.

ray

sure he would be GREAT, wouldn't have to have all the BS STAGING. of course compared to madumba$$, growing corn would be entertaining.

Cartman

Weird Al is a tool.

tippy katz

he wants to do it so bad, he's rockin madonna's hairstyle!
I hope they pick him, half time show needs to be fun, seriously!

Sophiecat

Oh good grief, everybody knows that's Tiny Tim, not Weird Al YankofItch!

CANADIAN LIBERAL!

I'd LOVE to see him do the Super Bowl! My Brother and cousin went to a show of his (still jealous) when they were in their early teens and he stayed almost four hours after the show to sign autographs, take pictures, and just plain joke around and meet his fans. He really is a good person and would do such a great job. He can be very family friendly and still appeal to parents, too.

How funny would it be if he had Lady Gaga and Chamillionaire as surprise guests!?

ApoloKreedEatsFriedRiceOnAnyGivenSunday

genuine nice guy

airportguy

Awesomeness ensues!! I can't wait!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments