« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Weird Al Yankovic

I Would DEFINITELY Do

The Super Bowl Halftime Show

2/23/2012 9:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_3gb3ysbs_0_xc4aywrm
Fans everywhere have been clamoring for it ... and now, Weird Al Yankovic himself claims he'd be HONORED to perform at next year's Super Bowl halftime show -- he's just waiting for the NFL to extend the invite.

In case you didn't know -- there's a massive movement spreading online ... with thousands of Weird Al fans signing multiple petitions to get the singer booked for next year's show.

But Weird Al ain't convinced the movement's big enough yet -- claiming, "I'd be surprised if that's being seriously considered by the NFL, but prove me wrong!"

When asked if he'd even accept an invite to take the stage at the big game -- Al replied, "Sure, if they asked!"

So we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cujeaux

How about someone under 50 who has actually been relevant in the last 20 years? Maybe Jay Z and Beyonce.

Carl

At least if Weird Al did it we would be laughing with him, not laughing at him (like Madonna).

I am Spartacus

Come on this would be totally lame. It'd be the least watched halftime show and will never happen.

Canadasux

Talk about the Superbowl crowd getting "the finger" at last year's halftime show. "Weird Al" doing the Superbowl halftime show would be a "middle finger" to the crowd through his whole performance.

Ann

and he would do what?

Jael

I just saw Weird Al a few months back at a show he did in Santa Cruz. I've been a huge fan of him for over twelve years and he still got it. Him headlining the Halftime Show would be absolutely brilliant.

Just My Thoughts

Very polite man! I'd LOVE to see him do the halftime show!!
No middle finger, no boobs. Sounds good to me!

rosebud

why not,anything is better then what we saw a few weeks ago.I love this guy and his insane lyrics.

chzbrgrmachne

Compared to the last 10 years of rotting sewage they've flushed onto stage, Weird Al would be a welcome show of talent and creativity.

Now, just get the NFL, MTV Productions (or whoever has the reigns now), and all of the special interest groups to leave him alone and not complain about the content, try to force changes to the content, or straight up coc&block his creativity and make it all about themselves. That would be the real trick.

Mumra the Ever Living

At least it wouldn't be tapped.
Madonna and I have something in common. Neither one of us has ever sung live at the Super Bowl.

bluzzone

He would be perfect. He has a lot of talent ,and he actually sings live.

mousetrap

I remember when he did Eat It and Another One Rides the Bus. It was the funniest thing ever. Everyone thought it was hysterical. Haven't listened to any of his work in a long time. But the superbowl halftime with him would be great. Entertaining, different and real. Yes, real. Even though he is parodying others songs, he is actually more real than these other jokers like Madonna.

Roni

Anyone who said "LAME" has not seen him in concert-- he is a FABULOUS performer. Saw him twice. LOVED IT. He puts on quite an entertaining show.

dAVE inden

It would be amazing! Follow @AWeirdSuperBowl on twitter and use #SuperAl to show support. Go to Facebook.com/WeirdAlatSuperBowl and like the page to show support!

Linda

Oh man, Weird Al concerts are THE BEST!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments