Chris Brown

Exercises Right to Remain Silent

on Phone-Snatching Accusation

2/24/2012 3:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown
was asked squarely for the first time -- Did he steal a Florida woman's cell phone?

Brown -- who was in Orlando -- was mum on the subject, but the freelance photog had some choice words for the silent Brown.

24-year-old Christal Spann filed a police report last Sunday -- claiming the singer snatched her phone right out of her hands when she tried to take a picture of him ... then drove away.

We posted a video this morning, showing an agitated Christal describing the incident to police ... just moments after the alleged phone-jacking.

The case is under criminal investigation.

Who Knew

No wonder this guy acts the fool. Look at all the idiots wanting a picture with him, a know women beater. Who's worst the idiot who beats women on the women who don't seen to care. Good grief I give up on some people. That Godd for the people I meet in church.

_Taterman

Screw sending him to jail. Someone outta beat his ass every time he's out in public. worthless p o s

UPYOURS

Those stupid stupid women.

Somerville

Watch the back of his neck when he's asked about whether he snatched the phone. Looks like the neck of a guilty little kid.

And what happened to the gold chains and his swagger? All of a sudden he's dressed like a preppy and ready for Wimbledon? He looks scared.....

Enrique

That's bull****, he will never do that, i know how he is. The girl only wants to get money from him like they tried to do it with MJ!

Somerville

Enrique: This is a criminal case, not a civil case. There's no money involved here. Once someone files a police report, the district attorney's office and/or the state's attorney general takes over. It's not up to the victim about the charges at this point. It's up to the government. Please educate yourself on the difference between criminal and civil cases.

obama'saracist

if he wasnt a pos celeb he would be in jail right now but since he is better than us the police will lolly gag around until he decides whats gona happen

Twist

Notice how he only picks on women, and when pro wrestler CM Punk challenged him to a fight this a-hole shut his mouth pretty damn fast. Chris Brown is a BITCH.

Kari

I wish Chris Brown would exercise his right to always stay quiet---so sick of this egomaniac.

Kabala

He's going to end up in jail or dead. He's used up his three strikes. What an arrogant little s h|t.

Kari

I agree with #23--Chris Brown did go quiet when he was challenged.

Dani

there are some racist ppl on this website, talkin about these gurls are from the hood and etc. woowww... watever happened to innocent until proven guilty..... he has too much money to steal an iphone. ppl are always following him taking pics.. i doubt he would take some one's phone.. or he wud have snatched a tmz camera up alonggggggg time ago.. because they are always following him taking pics.. smh.... stop it ppl

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

If I stole somebody's phone, I doubt the "investigation" and my arrest and my bailing out or being released until my court date, would take any more than 24 hrs. Come on, the case is not that complicated.

I am Spartacus

He's a bitch that can only pick on women. I hope this punk gets his face smashed in.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

I bet he knows that amendment like Whitney's cell phone and his crack dealer's number... this guy's headed for trouble, I hope he can see this like everyone else.