Whitney Houston

Funeral Home Denies Leaking

Casket Photo

2/25/2012 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0225_whitney_houston_getty
The funeral home where Whitney Houston's body was kept last week is denying that it played any role in leaking a photo of the pop legend inside her casket.

Carolyn Whigham, owner of the Whigham Funeral Home in Newark, NJ, tells the Daily News she is devastated that the photo is out there and says her staff had nothing to do with it.

She tells the paper, "We did not take that photo. We did not sell the photo. We would never do something like that."

Whigham says she has received numerous threats since the publication of the photo, but that Whitney's family has told her they do not blame the funeral home.

FYI -- eight days ago, someone shopped that pic to TMZ ... we passed.

CriticXtreme

Look the bottom line is Whitney will make a lot people rich being dead especially Dolly Parton. Rumor has it the next day after the funeral and burial, the family started selling off Whitney Houston items. Now this is disgusting and definitely the behavior of what crackheads would do.

phillip

thanks for passing but tell tell us WHO tried to sell it so the world will know them for what they are...

Liz

Good for you TMZ for not posting her casket picture! I guess everything is not lost for y'all.

yvonne from uk

MMM my thoughts exactly, makes no difference whether it was a court photo, i for one was shocked enough when i saw it at the trial and i sure as hell didn't want it shoved in my face again and again, it randomly appears on youtube too and also the autopsy photo. I for one want to remember Michael when he was alive and performing his heart out on stage not dead on a gurney, the same iwould imagine mgoes for Whitney fans. They are human beings, yes celebrities, but they deserve respect. Come on TMZ how good of you to pass on the photo, what crap.

yvonne from uk

Sorry, my post doesn't make much sense, i meant to send a reply to post number 2.

Louise

I'm SO glad you guys did pass on that photo!!

Kadaj

"FYI -- eight days ago, someone shopped that pic to TMZ ... we passed."

So then...TMZ likely knows who it is or at least has an idea. Right?

Brenda

Thank-you TMZ for having the compassion to not post the picture of Whitney in her casket. My mom while not famous died when I was quite young. If I had seen her picture in her casket in our local newspaper I would have been beyond devestated and freaked out. To have such a famous and loving Mom with that picture flashed around the globe would have blown my mind for sure.

The National Smut Enquirer is below sleeze. I encourage people to quit buying it.

Nann

Thank you, TMZ for passing.
Whitney's family deserves respect.

cutebug

Okay, I'm really glad you passed on this photo. Confused as to why you didn't pass on the disgusting pic of the bathtub where she died or the MJ autopsy pic or countless others. TMZ finally getting some morals?

Diana

I agree with what one of the other posters said. TMZ, if someone shopped that photo and you turned it down, then who was it? Why not follow this up with an investigative report? Whitney's family deserves to know the truth!

Lisa

Way to toot your own horn guys, "we passed." My ass you passed ! Love you guys, but who do you think you're fooling anyway ?

RyanW

Passed or Too Cheap? you posted the MJ photo on a gurney yet u passed on a tasteful photo tmz? highly doubtful..

Sammi

So if Tmz is correct saying someone approached them 8 days ago with the pic, no one other than funeral workers would have had access to whitneys "dressed" body that early. Her viewing was last friday. No one gets to c the dressed body, in the casket, funeral ready before the actual viewing. Someone in that funeral home sold that pic. Thats messed up. All for a quick payout.

who cares

FYI -- eight days ago, someone shopped that pic to TMZ ... we passed.
--------------------
TMZ, Cough cough bull**** you just lost the bidding war and didnt have enough money to buy the rights to the photo. Try to act like you ain't like that you bought rihanna's beating photo and Micheals death photo not to mention all the other Whitney photos. It's obvious TMZ just didnt have the deep pockets to buy this one.