Avril Lavigne

In the Running

for 'X Factor' Judge Job

2/26/2012 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0225_avril_lavigne_xfactor_tmz_EX
With two judging slots to fill, it seems the folks at "X Factor" might not have to look far to fill one of the spots ... because former L.A. Reid protégé Avril Lavigne is interested in the gig ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, Avril had her people reach out to the folks at "X Factor" to let them know she'd like to be considered for the job. Our sources says Avril feels that since she came up in the biz at such a  young age, she can mentor the kids on the show the right way.

We're told talks are already happening between the two sides.

Besides her connection to Reid, Avril performed on the finale of season one of "X Factor" with finalist Chris Rene.

Seldombinlaid

You know, I'm going to miss Paula. She, and Simon always seemed to have a chemistry together. I saw Avril as a guest judge on Idol once. Wasn't impressed. I was with Simon on giving that other girl Cheryl or however she spells her name the boot. But not Paula. I was a fan. I thought this would bowl over idol, but not any more. No Paula...no me. Keep Paula, and bring back the gal with the heavy English accent. I understood her. Please.

robbed

trailer trash should judge trailer trash.

Steinberg

I thought X Factor was about "talent"?

And how is a introvert going to help mentor these kids?

dee

XFACTOR GOING DOWN THE HILL !! if they put her a judge..it's going GETTHO ..LOL

RockSoul54

YEAH! I'm going to see this every ****ing day!

lori

If X-Factor wants to succeed, they need to select icons in the music industry to fill the vacant mentos positions. Avril Lavigne does not fit the bill. I would suggest that they look at someone like a Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Tina Turner, Diana Ross for one of the spots. For the other, I would select someone current and edgy like Gwen Stefani

Yo bitch

Was ashlee simpson busy?

Hawk

I don't get her.
She flips off the paparazzi and cops a "leave me alone attitude" but now she wants to be on a TV show.

Strokadellic

Total pile of og sh*t of a human. Die, Avril Levigne.

Bird

How are you gonna "mentor" these kids, Avril? Will you teach them how to make ONE meaningful album, and then completely sell out? Avril Lavigne started off making real music, then she let the industry higher-ups start telling her what to do. She went from being a quirky brunette with her OWN style and attitude, to being a bleach blonde bimbo singing bubblegum pop garbage. That's why her music career is on the rocks now. These days, her only claim to fame is dating Kim Kardashian's step brother, and being one of the many ProActive spokespeople. She's rude, disgusting, and trashy. Ugh. This is why I don't watch any these singing talent shows. They pick a bunch of has-been celebrities that no one cares about to be the judges.

maya

i dont want to put her down or something like that but i dont think that she will be great,simon cowell and the other judge are old men, christina worked because of blake and adam and ceelo and she is not that sweetheart i think

Emmanuel

PERFECT CHOICE! there's anyone better than Avril

If she's gonna be there can't wait to watch each show!!

randy

Let's see if it true

It be great and would get great ratings if they can get Avril & Britney on the same table.

Marcus

Do whatever YOU want to do Avril.These 100 or so bafoons on here are so frozen in time and out of touch,they babble on like it's still 2004.Leave it to the bored and boring to rant and rave endlessly about what you,as a teenager,said and did 10 years ago.
Thirty million likes on facebook and soaring Avril,and we all have your back.

Joe

Oh please no.

I'd rather have Britney Spears.

Hey ya'll!!! Just do what I don't and ya'll be fine.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments