Sacha Baron Cohen

Spills Ashes All Over

Ryan Seacrest

2/26/2012 5:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sacha Baron Cohen Spills Ashes All Over Ryan Seacrest
Sacha Baron Cohen took shameless promotion to a whole other level on the red carpet of the Oscars tonight -- not only did he show up dressed as his character from the upcoming movie "The Dictator" ... but he spilled an urn filled with fake ashes of Kim Jong Il all over Ryan Seacrest on live television.

Props to Seacrest though ... as he always does, Ryan took the whole thing in stride.

I'm not a fan of SBC, but this was genius. Seacrest really showed his true colors and looked furious. He couldn't even regain his composure and went on and on to everyone else he interviewed. What a baby.

weisenheimer

completely lame!!!! nothing spontaneous about it !!!!! this whole sham of a PR stunt was announced 1 - 2 weeks ago!!! you blew it Cohen

Me

What a douche-bag!

Mouse

It's not his funniest moment, but the last line when they are pulling him away is a great send up of red carpet madness. "It's okay! When they ask what you are wearing, you tell them 'Kim Jong Il'!"

SLOSteve

If he was wanting to get press exposure, he should have said he had whitney houston's ashes.

moveover

If you're 11 or 12 years old, it's probably a toss up between which is funnier .... this guy or the word "pee pee".

Sassy

Why are you tools dissing Ryan? In that instant you'd be pissed, too, if you had interviews to do on LIVE tv!! It's not like Sacha was his last interview before the ceremony! I thought he tipped a little on Ryan's shoe or something when I first heard about it. He got a lot on the guy, then tried to spill even more on him as security came over.

I like Sacha Baren Cohen, but that was a bit much. Ryan probably had a thought something was in that urn, but not dust!! Maybe gummi worms or something else tht wouldn't leave a mark on his suit!

Paul Lynde

funny

Liz

Cohen is an A$$hole!! Plain and simple!

terri

What a jerk. I would have punched him. I will not waste a dime to go see his movies. He thinks he is all that. George Clooney and Brad Pitt are it. Sorry English man go home and spill ashes on your carpet.

Jeanette

Took the whole thing in stride? It was disrespectful of SBC but Ryan was a whiny brat over the whole thing. He complained to everyone he interviewed after that! The focus should not be on you ryan!

Narna

TMZ says "Sacha Baron Cohen took shameless promotion to a whole other level" Yet they post a picture of the bath Whitney Houston drowned in not long after her death.... Hello Pot, the kettle's calling.

campy

What a d-bag.

BB

What a jerk. He has been begging for tickets for over a week now and the academy declined because they did not want him to show up in character and pull a stunt just like this. They finally relented (I don't know if he promised he would be himself or not.) Yet, he shows up in character in order to promote his stupid movie and pulls this crap. I would have killed him if I were Ryan. I hope he is banned next year. I wouldn't watch one of his movies if he sat me down and tied me to a chair. He's so desperate for attention it is sickening. I HATE him as he is all about self-promotion and he's not the least bit funny, nor was the stunt he pulled.

Ann

He is a jerk. I loved Borat, but his ship has sailed!