Micky Dolenz

I Knew Something Was Wrong

2/29/2012 11:38 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0229_micky_dolenz_getty_BN
Micky Dolenz says he had a feeling something bad was going to happen today ... saying  he "had bad dreams all night long" ... only to later learn about the death of his friend Davy Jones.

Dolenz released a statement moments ago ... saying, "Can't believe it...Still in shock...had bad dreams all night long."

In a separate statement, Dolenz added -- "I am in a state of shock ... The time we worked together and had together is something I'll never forget. He was the brother I never had and this leaves a gigantic hole in my heart. The memories have and will last a lifetime. My condolences go out to his family.

Monkees bassist Peter Tork also released a statement about Jones which reads:

"It is with great sadness that I reflect on the sudden passing of my long-time friend and fellow-adventurer, David Jones.

His talent will be much missed; his gifts will be with us always. My deepest sympathy to Jessica and the rest of his family.

Adios, to the Manchester Cowboy."

Poor, poor Mindy ...

Saw them in Atlanta in 1985 when they were on their 20-year reunion tour. They were GREAT! Seriously. It was one of the more fun concerts that I've ever attended. R.I.P. Mr. Jones and may the Lord comfort your wife, daughters and friends. A part of my youth was lost today.

Bob Bain

This is from Michael Nesmith:

All the lovely people. Where do they all come from?

So many lovely and heartfelt messages of condolence and sympathy, I don’t know what to say, except my sincere thank you to all. I share and appreciate your feelings.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

While it is jarring, and sometimes seems unjust, or strange, this transition we call dying and death is a constant in the mortal experience that we know almost nothing about. I am of the mind that it is a transition and I carry with me a certainty of the continuity of existence. While I don’t exactly know what happens in these times, there is an ongoing sense of life that reaches in my mind out far beyond the near horizons of mortality and into the reaches of infinity.

That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won’t abandon him to mortality. I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane.

David’s spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us.

I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels.

CountryGal

I'm really really so sad about this. Just heartbreaking!

Straight Talkin Texan

Lovely heartfelt sentiments. Rest in peace, cutey pie Davy.

bunny

Please never die Micky. RIP Davy.

Bill T- NH

Very Saddened by the loss of Davey Jones. Grew up with the monkees. My sincere condolences to Davey's family as well as Mike, Mickey and Peter. RIP Davey. You will always be remembered

Bill T- NH

What Sad News this is!!! I gew up with the Monkees. My sincere condolences to Davey's wife and family as well as to Micky and Peter. RIP Davey, You are always remembered

monkeesfan

rip Davy Micky u hang in there sad time :(

Lil

So very sad to hear this. He had a lot of life left. People need to get stress tests yearly after 55. I had a quad bypass done at 62 because of a pain in my arm that I still have today. Saved my life.
I grew up being madly in love with him and it seems like just yesterday.
RIP you will live on forever in your music.

Vita M. Termini

Hi Mickey, Peter and Mike:

I am sorry for your lost of your band member Davy Jones. I was shock. I watched The Monkees was I was younger and now. I always listened to The Monkees songs. My father died of massive heart attack also. RIP David Jones.

Love Always

Vita M. Termini (TerminiV@aol.com)

recy

I am so sad to hear of the new of David's passing, so young.It was a honor to work with The Monkees as their photographer on their Australian Tours. David was always so kind, a pleasure to photograph, and I love every song he ever sang. Shine on, and Thank You for all you gave us with your great voice... Love Recy.

Irene

Wow, my first crush, very heartbreaking!A part of my childhood that was good....
To boner who said "why such a great person so young when a list of nobodies continues to grow. Unfortunately, I did see where you were going with it and it breaks my heart.
Are you saying you would rather a lohan or kardashian lose their life? I don't think that is what Davy or any of the Monkees would have wanted.
The other comment that breaks my heart is ETM's Oh, Dr Murray, not sure what this person was insinuating.
For those of us that grew up with and loved the Monkees this is truly devastating.
Please respect his life and not dirty it up with raunchy comments.
To his family and friends my condolences.

Jen

Aaaaaand Mike Nesmith can't be bothered to make a statement? Sadly typical . . . .

Ann

he looks like Elton John

prettyprettygirl

Aaaaaaannnnd Mike Nesmith DID make a statement. Read. I am heartbroken and don't want to read anything negative.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments