Davy Jones

Official Cause of Death

Heart Attack

3/1/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0229_davy_jones_EX_02
Davy Jones died from a heart attack ... this according to the Martin County Medical Examiner.

TMZ has learned ... an autopsy was performed at 10:30 AM EST, and doctors determined Jones died from an abnormal heart rhythm caused by coronary artery atherosclerosis -- in other words, a severe heart attack.

The M.E. still has toxicology results pending, but it was obvious from the autopsy that the heart attack killed the lead singer of the Monkees.

TMZ broke the story ... Jones died yesterday after complaining of shortness of breath.

0301_davy_jones_footer

Criss

When they were originally around, it was well before I was alive, but when a local station would rebroadcast the show, it ended up becoming one of my favorite shows when I was a little kid (I still enjoy it). I also have a whole bunch of Monkees songs on my iPod.

Llee

And we still don't know what killed Houston?

KnuckleDragger

The picture on the far left; now I know where Justin Bieber got his look. They look like twins.

obama'saracist

wheres the media coverage the drug addict got when she killed herself (pick one)

Right back at ya

Micky Dolenz appeared on Good Morning America this morning, to talk about his good Friend; one of the things he spoke about, was the fact that Davy's Father passed when he was a Child, and his Mother, during the time of the Monkees TV Show, both, from Heart problems.

I was in Elementary School when the Monkees first started-out, and I, like many other young Girls, was crazy for them; I didn't have any of their Records or Posters as a Kid, but several years ago, when CDs first came out, I bought their Greatest Hits; I think I know the words to every Song! Rest in Peace Davy, you will be missed by so many. My Heart felt condolences, to his Family and Friends.

boner

Davy you will be missed. My issue is how does the reason for death took 24 hours and Whitney Houston has been dead for 2 weeks but the cause of death hasnt been determined?? HELLO!!!!!!!

Somerville

I am pretty sure Mickey was the lead singer on most of their big hits "Hey, Hey We're The Monkeys" "Take The Last train to Clarksville" "Pleasant Valley Sunday"

LK

Very sad about this. He died too young. I guess at least he probably didn't see it coming so at least it wasn't like a drawn out thing. RIP, man.

Angela-Erin

A picture of health?? Look at his eyes!!?? They are supposed to be gorgeous chocolate brown... Those grey rings in his eyes are huge amountS of built up cholesterol... Poor Davy was not a picture of health but a walking billboard for LIPITOR/CRESTOR.... R.I.P

hockeygrl

all kinds of sad :(
rest in peace Davy

wrmasylum

I am so sad to learn of Davys passing. So very sad knowing he suffered a massive heart attack at such a young age. Ironic..saw an interview with him and Micky and Peter..pete says that Davy used to be a heart throb and davy adds.."now im just a coronary". RIP david Jones..you have motality in your music and your wonderful personality.

Holly

I was aound 11 years old when the Monkeys tv series hit our screens. David was the hearthrob for so many female adolescents back them. Was a true time on innocence. Ah memories. RIP Davie and condolences to his family. Sudden deaths are so much harder to process.

the real diva

may Davy rest in peace! so sad.

Alix

If the hospital he went to the night before he done more than a cursory exam, he might still be with us.

RaffyBStatenIsland

I wish there was an explanation FOR the heart attack. All these people broken up over his death, quoted in this article, deserve answers. http://www.comunitee.com/comunitee/showComuniteeBarArticle/2957284/46697/5/559

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments