Davy Jones

Official Cause of Death

Heart Attack

3/1/2012 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0229_davy_jones_EX_02
Davy Jones died from a heart attack ... this according to the Martin County Medical Examiner.

TMZ has learned ... an autopsy was performed at 10:30 AM EST, and doctors determined Jones died from an abnormal heart rhythm caused by coronary artery atherosclerosis -- in other words, a severe heart attack.

The M.E. still has toxicology results pending, but it was obvious from the autopsy that the heart attack killed the lead singer of the Monkees.

TMZ broke the story ... Jones died yesterday after complaining of shortness of breath.

0301_davy_jones_footer

CountryGal

I've adored him for years. I'm so sad. If anyone wants to see why he got chosen to be on the Monkees tv show just watch his screen test. He was adorable with so much personality.

CountryGal

I still think the abusive wife sucks even though she didn't actually kill him.

valery.bastos

Davy, stay with GOD! We know you're well ... unfortunately we, humans, we are selfish and would rather you were here ... walk through the "Rainbow Bridge" to the end and there you shining like a star, find human good, our four-legged friends, with feathers, among others ... pays attention to everyone around and sing to all the stars ... Can I ask one small favor one, sing for my cuddley TOY esterlinhas (my toy poodle - and my name TOYzinho pincher - SISSI) they loved to hear it. ... a big kiss ...

Anthony

Man I have atherosclerosis, as do many people who don't even know about it. Pretty damn scary especially since only a few months back Davy did a stress test and his heart doctor told him he had the heart of a 25 year old guy. Just goes to show you that stress tests mean nothing, only an angiogram or an autopsy can show the true shape of your heart and its arteries.

Evelyn C

I like listening to his music tme Monkees

nusox n draws

i suspect foul play

Seldombinlaid

R.I.P. Davy Thanks for making my childhood a little happier. God Bless You, and your family during this trying time.

hot dog

Thank you Davey and thr Monkey's! You were fun, CLEAN, and harmless!! As a Viet Nam Vet, you made that time a little better!!

lil

@ Anthony...I think that is very harmful for you to say that the stress test means nothing. It sure does if theres a problem. Mine showed that the heart valve wasent closing properly which then they do a angiogram. They do not do that test unless the stress test shows a problem so there is your catch 22. I had no symptoms and went in thinking I had bursitus which I do but by the dr being alarmed enough he did the stress test which saved my life!

Valleri

I cant believe Gorgeous Dashing Davey has left this planet! I am in tears just reading or thinking of him passing like this. His family & all friends, xwives, the Band, All must be sickened with Grief over this Unreal loss. Heaven must have needed another Angel up there. I saw him perform Live in Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay with my father in 2004. My dad wanted to make this a very special occasion & we went in a Limo. We had a Blast & it was outdoors & warm. Everyone was singing and jumping up & down. Dave sang great, always the showman. My father died of a mass heart attack 2 years later in 06' He was only 70 years old. Oh Davey I Miss U so Much! This is SO Sad. 66 is a baby in diapers for Pete's sake! I will always love the way he use to sing soft love songs. His voice was the most beautiful. MISS U I CANT BELIEVE U ARE GONE! Love, Valleri 44 Seattle,WA

THE BEAVER

THE BEAVER: less than a minute ago

look at this link, it tells you about Davy.

If it don't work for ya, just type in www.findagrave.com

On the left side, you will see a list and there is a.. find a gave of a famous person one. Click on it, and type in Davy Jones, or his full name, if you know it. Davy Jones will work tho.

You can leave a note and flowers there for Davy.

I think this site is so cool !!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3