Maureen McCormick

"Davy Was a Beautiful Soul"

3/1/2012 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0301_maureen-mccormick_getty_ex
"Brady Bunch" star Maureen McCormick -- who famously shared an on-screen kiss with Davy Jones on the 70s sitcom -- is finally breaking her silence on the singer's death ... telling TMZ, "Davy was a beautiful soul."

Maureen -- aka "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" -- tells us, Davy "spread love and goodness around the world. He filled our lives with happiness, music, and joy."

She adds, "He will live on in our hearts forever. May he rest in peace."

Davy guest-starred on 'The Bunch' back in '71 -- playing himself in an episode where Marcia tries to convince him to sing at her prom.

In case you've forgotten, she got him ...

Dayna

Davy was my favorite Monkee, had a HUGE crush.
R.I.P. Davy

CodPuncher

I liked the one where she got hit in the face with a football.

peoplearesilly

Finally breaking her silence? He just died for God's sake. She did one show with him and this is a big deal? Don't think so. So stupid.

My Big Salami

Don't worry Marcia we can get thru this....Alice is making us all Pork Chops and Applesauce for dinner tonight!

Kabala

Carol Brady and Davy Jones have a mullet - cute.

Linda

finally breaking her silence? didn't Mr. Jones just pass yesterday? And oh yeah, my world is now complete now that I know how SHE feels.

parlayer

davy was an actor!!! was he acting like a monkey or was he really one?? I thought i saw him collecting coins on a leash for an organ gtinder back when.

defref

Great Brady Episode ... great Davy memory. The fact he came back for the sequel movie suggests he felt the same. And why is it always Marcia, Marcia, Marcia ... leave the girl alone!

joonie85

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia....You fell in love with everybody. This is about a wonderful man, Davy Jones, who is loved by everybody. He had a wife and children. It is not about you, Maureen!

defref

LD .. Davy was a legitimate actor, he portrayed the Artful Dodger as a child actor and ***an as an adult in the on stage performance of Oliver. Speak not of which you know nothing ... and yes, I looked forward to every episode of The Monkees, as cheesy as they might have been. You're a hater, not a lover ...no need for you to post any more.

defref

Joonie, she did her best not too ... too bad the Pop made sure she had too.

defref

Kudos MM for keeping silent as long as you did. Too bad they dragged you into this story at such delicate time.

defref

People who do not understand the iconic, and I repeat iconic episode(s) regarding Davy and Marcia did not grow up female in the 1970's. (And again regarding the Brady Sequel which proved that true love lasts forever ; ) If you didn't grow up female in the 1970's .... you really should not be commenting pro or anti Maureen right now.

defref

Long Live Tigerbeat!!!

Skeevy Jones

Man, if I had been 28-year-old Davey with hot 15-year-old Marcia Marcia Marcia, I totally would have taken her into Mike's man-cave and bleached his blueprints.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments