TMZ Live

18-Yr. Old Bieber: They Can't

Stop Me From Skydiving!

3/1/2012 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

030112_tmzlive

Justin Bieber celebrated his 18th birthday with us on TMZ Live -- don't worry, he's doing other stuff too. Biebs talked about skydiving and the celeb mansion he's scoping. Side note -- cool or creepy to say you wanna "get with" Justin ... now that he's legal?

Plus, why is it ok to rip Angelina Jolie for being too thin -- but it's taboo to say other celebs are too fat? Double standard much? Also, rapper Jim Jones talks to us about the crazy brawl at his concert ... who's really to blame?

TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic

(0:45) Halle Berry brings out the big guns -- hiring a badass lawyer to wage war against Gabriel.
(8:03) The debate nobody wants to touch -- why is okay to rip on skinny people ... but not fat people?
(15:30) Justin Bieber's on the phone (cue the squeals) ... so what is he doing to celebrate his 18th birthday?
(17:45) We broke the story that Justin is house hunting -- he explains that it's not as easy as it sounds ... but that one house he's looking at -- Ashton Kutcher's -- is unbelievable.
(21:10) Kelly's awesome point -- is there a double standard between 18-year-old guys and girls as sex symbols?
(25:55) Dumbest sport ever -- Ultimate Tazer Ball.
(32:50) Lindsay Lohan says she's changed ... why is this different than every other time she's said it?
(40:20) Rapper Jim Jones calls in to defend a spree of violent rap concerts ... including his own.

Kim

Thin IS more beautiful than fat but it's not OK to say it! Maybe I think this way because I've always been tall and thin and never had to deal with being fat. But having people call you "skinny" is just as hurtful as having people call you FAT!

I've always been tall and thin and have always had people spewing hateful comments at me because of it. When I was 25 I had a lady I worked with make the rudest comment to me! She walked by me in the cafeteria and said, "God... I just hate you. You're so skinny and you can eat anything you want and not gain a pound! I wish God would have given you my body and given me your body!"

WTF! My reply to her was... "I already KNOW I'm skinny. I don't need YOU to point it out to me! Do I point out to you how FAT you are?!?" ... and I walked away!!

Why is it ok for her to say something like that to me but it's not OK for me to tell her how FAT she is?!?

It's not really necessary to tell anyone that they're too skinny or that they're too fat... they're already aware of it! The skinny ones are happy to be skinny and the fat ones are too lazy change the fact that they're fat!!

duckylou

both are unhealthy. its one extemely to the other.

Moonbeam

I suppose one reason people verbally dump on fat people more than on skinny people is that in society being fat is often associated with gluttony and lack of will power, both of which are considered weakness of character. Conversely, skinny people are more likely to be associated with having more willpower or just being picky eaters. I'm not saying these are my personal opinions, just my general observations about society.

Sarah

The fat vs skinny issue is simple. 99% of the time when you are called skinny it is a compliment. 99% of the time when you are called fat is is an insult.

kk

Heh, Why is that. Even fat people call skinny people skinny. But, if skinny people were to call them fat there would be an uprise.

WNDZBUG

The last question "Okay to rip on..." should have a neither option. I won't be voting on that one because it's not cool to rip on anyone's shortcomings, we all have them.

Vivek

Justin Bieber gets a brand new car as his 18th b'day gift and really being the kind of person he is he deserves it all, and he has achieved a lot at a really young, may god bless him with more and more success in life.Here is a video where is is gifted with a car http://liveoncampus.com/wire/show/3345750

JMC

I am curious if I am the only one that notices the resemblance between the two adorable, hilarious jewish boys that stand in the back of the room on TMZ.... and the two adorable old men at the theatre on the MUPPETS?

some guy

Please god, let the parachute fail.

Mary

Because Angelina sticks herself in your face daily and Gabby does not. She opens herself up to all sorts of criticism, so live with it.

Lala

OMG... JUSTIN BIEBER a MAN??? SERIOUSLY??? HARDLY... he's an 18 year old KID... He hasn't even gone through his "BONER YEAR" yet... wasn't it just a couple months ago he got all wet over the fact that he had a "MOUSTACHE"... HARDLY A MAN... HARDLY....

DINA

Its not solely about "fat vs. skinny". Angelina Jolie represents an "ideal" of beauty that is to be pursued and attained. She is the sought after face and body and quintessential "sex symbol" Hollywood has groomed, she unwittingly "sets" the beauty standards. Obese actresses do not, they play character actors who are "kind", "generous", etc, they are not the femme fatale, seducers, beautiful characters Jolie is sought after for. I absolutely reject Jolie as any kind of "ideal" at her present weight, I don't think a large actress is going to "set the standard" anytime soon. This is not about which is better to be fat or thin, its about what is the standard of beauty and who is representing it and what are they doing that is healthy/unhealthy. Jolie has that "role" and she's not taking care of herself. Don't forget that beauty contestants are total game and have their crowns removed for gaining as much as 8 pounds. So, the issue here is standard, not fat or skinny.

DINA

Chris Brown

I GOT THE BIEBER FEVER!!!!! i <3 JB!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3