Davy Jones

To Be Buried in Florida

3/2/2012 11:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0301_davy_jones_BN_01
Davy Jones will be buried in Florida, a rep for the Monkees legend said today, but no timetable for the funeral has been set.

Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK as well, but no dates have been announced for those either.

As TMZ first reported, Jones died Wednesday in Florida as the result of a heart attack.

His rep released a statement today, saying, "Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses."

The rep added, "There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong. He died of a massive heart attack while back at the stables with his horses. The medical examiner has confirmed his cause of death."

0229_davy_jones_remembering_footer

CountryGal

Too sad! He was so cute back in the day. Actually he wasn't bad looking as an older man too. Love you Davy

Attalina

He bought a burial plot for himself in the UK next to his parents. WTF?

Anonymous

He seemed very decent.

TheVolleyballGod

Bravo Mr. Jones if we all could have had a life like you had, what a wonderful magical dream ride and thank you from the bottom of all our hearts for sprinkling the world with your kind loving heart

CountryGal

It makes me sick that the gold digger he was only married to for 2 years will forever be in charge of the name and likeness of Davy Jones. His kids will have no say so in anything and will get scammed out of any money. Just like what happened to Buddy Holly's family. So sad!

Sick of him

Has Mike Nesmith (formerly of the Monkee's) made a public statement about Davy's death like the other guys did?

ExileLA

RIP Davy Jones. I'm a bereaver.

busymommy

Had the BIGGEST crush on him as a girl. Pretended to "kiss" him...garage door instead...wild, huh? The Monkees music was peaceful and joyous...no grunge there. RIP Mr. Jones.

Steve

I hope there is a memorial here in Florida where he spend most his time. I know there will be a lot of people here in this little town where David called home pay their respects to him.

Steve

@Country Gal: Your comment about David's wife, Jessica as a gold digger is false. Plus his daughters will have their say in their father's estate.

tagme

@Sick of him He did make a public statement. It's on his Facebook page--

All the lovely people. Where do they all come from?

So many lovely and heartfelt messages of condolence and sympathy, I don’t know what to say, except my sincere thank you to all. I share and appreciate your feelings.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

While it is jarring, and sometimes seems unjust, or strange, this transition we call dying and death is a constant in the mortal experience that we know almost nothing about. I am of the mind that it is a transition and I carry with me a certainty of the continuity of existence. While I don’t exactly know what happens in these times, there is an ongoing sense of life that reaches in my mind out far beyond the near horizons of mortality and into the reaches of infinity.

That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won’t abandon him to mortality. I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane.

David’s spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us.

I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels.

TMZfan10000

The Monkees are an extremely UNDERrated R&R group.
They had a ton of hits. They NEVER denied what they were, they even joked about it.
To silence critics they really did tour, record their own music and became a R&R band.
I saw them in June in Los Angeles. They sang live. How many other big names do that today?
The criticisms are BS and they should be in the R&R hall of fame. Unfortunately Davy will not see it.

SouthernGal820

So sad. He was a class act. Will be missed by many.

Cricket

Rest in Peace. My prayers are with his daughters and widow. He will be missed by many, but left a positive legacy behind.

bjn72

i wonder if cnn,fox news, msnbc, bet tv will cover the funeral. if they dont i hope at leaset vh 1 or mtv will have live coverage of it. just hope the governor of florida will have the flags lowered or at least the queen of england will lower their flags when they have the memorial service over there

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments