« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Floyd Mayweather

Some of My Best Friends

Are White!

3/2/2012 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0302_mayweather_splash_videoFloyd Mayweather couldn't possibly be a racist ... because he employs sooooo many white people!

The boxing superstar has been in hot water ever since he tweeted that New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin was only receiving attention because he was Asian.

Mayweather has stood by his words and when he was asked about it yesterday, he proceeded to mention all the white people around him ... even pointing out that one of them "does a tremendous job."

Now that's progress.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

steve

Hes a racist period. If you dont think he is, then your ignorant.

Tammy

Well, of course it's because he's Asian. An African-American basketball star is not news and neither is a Caucasian. But an Asian? Heck, yes! It is what it is and people need to stop trying to hide the truth with these negative labels.

david

one of the white people of so many around him are doing a good job.....since when did white people become inferior to any race.....thats funny...one white person is doing a good job

UPYOURS

That is a typical racist talking.

Truth

WHERE'S MANNY PACQUIAO TO SMACK THIS LITTLE SH*T UPSIDE THE HEAD??? YEA, FROM ONE MINORITY TO ANOTHER. ONLY WAY TO GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS, JUST SAYIN. #TRUTH!!

Phreaky

He's not racist, he's just ignorant.

pitbullshoulddie

hes a racist, he stumbled on his words before pointing out his white ppl lol.

DetroitRocks

he is a racist and a coward

john calabassas

Quit hating on Flizoyd! He is an American hero.

Celeb Gossip Addict

ROFLMAO!!! TMZ you slay me!

kim

thats not racist .. thats his opinion.. aint half as bad as what those whites attack obama with,,go head mayweather , i've heard then say worse and then they come with some of my best friends are black yeah right! '

gloria

Non-whites are the most rascist people, why is that?

Steelers suck

Gayweather says, "I'm not racist. I got me plenty 'o white foke workin' fo me."

Right Wing

Misleading this is str8 up misleading he didn't say 1 word about white ppl pointing at ppl that work for you is showing the ppl around you that are not of the same race lost respect 4 TMZ FALSE FALSE FALSE NOW TMZ USE LIES TO GET PPL TO GO ON THERE PAGE....SAD VERY SAD AND DESPERATE

n00dlezz

Hey People. Does this ring a bell?....Average White American is called racist and they reply "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black"; or "I grew up with black people"; etc. I laughed when I saw what he said. Sure his comment was ignorant in this day and age but so are the countless that have been perpetrated before his.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments