'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin

Seeks Treatment

for Prescription Pill Problem

3/3/2012 5:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Alex-O'Laughlin_getty
Alex O'Loughlin, star of the hit CBS show "Hawaii Five-0," is taking a break from production to get treatment for a problem with prescription pain medication.

The actor's rep released a statement saying, "Alex is taking a short break to receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury."

O'Loughlin has the support of producers, who said, "We respect and support Alex’s decision. Everyone at CBS TV Studios and 'Hawaii 5-0' wishes him well and we look forward to his return."

radicalred

Admiration to Alex for getting a handle on this before it becomes a problem. I tore up my shoulder last year and was prescribed oxycontin. Whoa. Bad stuff!

Bianca33

This is just a glitch in the life of a super talented and amazing actor. I only wish him the best and a speedy recovery. As a fan of Alex O’Loughlin for many years, I know that he has the determination to overcome anything. It takes a special individual to face your problems head on and for that, I admire this man even more. To anyone that is judgmental, please take a look at yourself before you make any cruel, insensitive comments.

Renee

best wishes Mr. O'Laughlin have always enjoyed your hard work thought and prayers are with you.

Mark

"Prescription pill addiction." Maybe. But have you ever heard a publicist state that a star/actor is seeking treatment for cocaine or other hard drugs. NEVER. And hollywood is full of people addicted to cocaine and other hard drugs. However, in the press release it always states that it is pills or alcohol to "protect their public image." Funny how most people in these comments take the statements at face value.

UpstateNYer

Glad to see he's getting help HE feels is necessary to manage his pain/injury. I'm sure the grueling schedule of shooting is making it difficult to recovery from the injury. Now, if only people would leave him alone to heal. Alex, can't wait to see you back and pain-free!

OhWowLike

If true, my best to Alex. He was sexy as hell in Moonlight. I love the rebooted Hawaii Five O. Those intro aerials over gorgeous Hawaii are soooo much fun.

evo

His expression looks painful already. Must be off the meds.

sam

see more tv shows are getting dropped, even hit ones,

netflix, amazon, this new company aereo youtube are killing the lucrative tv biz,

a friend just said to me you have to work 100 times harder now to make the same money as you did 15 years ago,

O_O

Michelle

See I really like this guy, now he wants to turn around and f it up with stupid drugs..

Laura

Way to post like the worst picture of him.

I wish him the best. Hopefully he can nix his addiction to the pain meds. He's a great actor and advocate.

I love H5O and hope it's back on soon.

susie

i have loved all of the shows that Alex has been on, especially the Vampire shows, so maybe he should go back to those shows, that way he won't need pain pills. ha ha

Murphy

So another actor with drug problems . He should stay in rehab for as long as he needs it. Addiction is very dangerous. Charlie Sheen seems to be doing good these days. The second for CBS in 2 seasons.

wolfheart

Prayers and best wishes to alex's recovery. Not going to be easy but, he has hopefully strong will to do it. Us fans will be routing for him and we will all still be here looking forward to him coming back better.

chystal

shoulder injuries and surgeries are the most painful. I feel for him, but he is strong in his mind and I am confident that he can get through this.

Melissa

That takes a lot more than courage, especially in his position, I would love to know what it was that gave him the push he needed to break the cycle...I'm sure many others would too. Excellent actor, wish him all the best.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments