Kirk Cameron

Blasted by GLAAD

Over Gay Marriage Comments

3/3/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Kirk-Cameron_glaad_ex
Kirk Cameron's comments to Piers Morgan on gay marriage are not sitting well with the folks at GLAAD ... who think the former "Growing Pains" star "sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character."

Cameron said during last night's show that he does not support gay marriage, and when it comes to homosexuality in general ... he said, "I think that it's ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD, tells TMZ he feels Cameron, a Born Again Christian, is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans, particularly people of faith who believe that their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters should be loved and accepted based on their character and not condemned because of their sexual orientation."

A GLAAD spokesman says they plan on monitoring Cameron's media bookings and various acting gigs to ensure "the news and entertainment industry is aware of his outrageous anti-gay views."

Smart1

Go Kirk Cameron! I 100% support him! Thank you Kirk for speaking the truth and standing up for what's right! If more Christians would stand up against stuff like this, our nation wouldn't be in the shape that it's in.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Do over!

There is only one straight answer to "what do you think about GAY sex? That is, "I don't."

LemonChiffon

He has every right to voice his opinion, which of course won't sit well with either the left or GLAAD - but who cares?

Ha! And they plan on monitoring his media bookings? Hmm...kinda like David Brock at Media Matters...

Ray

I find it funny that all the men commenting here about the sins of homosexuality are probably all for watching lesbian p*rn and girls making out. But once its two guys, it's "unnatural" or "against the Bible." Please make up your minds. (And if you are saying you've never imagined two women in bed with you, guys, you are more than likely lying.) I hate hypocrites.

Personally I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms and neither should Kirk Cameron.

Gayhelen

It isn't what we think about values it is about what God says in His Written Word. Yes, it is wrong . You may struggle with the temptation but you don't have to give in, as with other things we might have a desire for that could hurt us.

Rob

I wish we had put a lock on the closet back when we had the chance.

Bryan

Gotta love close minded people.... even in the comments.

FMB

Actually, homosexuality is part of God's Biological PLAN! When a biological community on the planet gets overpopulated vs available resources, the incidence of homosexuality NATURALLY increases. It's a scientific PROVEN FACT! WHY? It's called population control. But of course bible thumpin' retards will say the scripture tells them to "Go forth and multiply" without any regard for the fact it was written over 2 millennia ago. As well, without the gays, there would be a noticeable and boring gap in the artistic realms of society, from hairstyles, to fashion, to entertainers.

Johnbrnc

I could care less what this washed up, has been child actor has to say about me and sexual orientation. Shame on TMZ for giving this loser any form of a pulpit to further his hate speech.

Mary

Leave him alone, we are all entitled to our opinions, for it or not.

rosa

I don't agree with what he is saying BUT why isn't he allowed to speak him mind. So now Glaad will make him apologize but he doesn't mean it. If he does its TOTAL PEER PRESSURE. My husband puts his life on the line every single day to protect OUR (EVERYONE'S) constitutional rights. Freedom of speak is sometimes disgusting when we disagree but quit being BULLIES Glaad. That is ultimately what Glaad is now doing. *I'm sure I have spelling mistakes but that doesn't change the subject. It also doesn't mean I'm stupid just don't care lol. :P

Gsharon 710

This is the correct place for teambackbonelesscryingunnaturalsexers to whine..."yawning"....oh,scuse me.

Simone

KK has been a mental case for DECADES.

Where was the uproar when KK got a fellow actor KICKED OFF the TV show Growing Pains just because she appeared in Playboy magazine?

KK and his just as nuts wife are bible thumping zealots who will have to deal with Karma someday.

Hey KK why don't you move over to the Mid-East where you will quickly be shown intolerance to any other beliefs. See how far you get thumping your bible over there.

lauren

Kirk is a Christian and everyone knows Christians believe homosexuality is wrong. He's got his opinion, so be it. Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Rani

I think both GLAAD and KIRK should mind their own business, people are going to live their lives according to themselves so EVERYONE involved should like I said mind their own and just be the best persons they can be so we can all get along and thrive. PERIOD!!!!