Kirk Cameron

Blasted by GLAAD

Over Gay Marriage Comments

3/3/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Kirk-Cameron_glaad_ex
Kirk Cameron's comments to Piers Morgan on gay marriage are not sitting well with the folks at GLAAD ... who think the former "Growing Pains" star "sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character."

Cameron said during last night's show that he does not support gay marriage, and when it comes to homosexuality in general ... he said, "I think that it's ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD, tells TMZ he feels Cameron, a Born Again Christian, is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans, particularly people of faith who believe that their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters should be loved and accepted based on their character and not condemned because of their sexual orientation."

A GLAAD spokesman says they plan on monitoring Cameron's media bookings and various acting gigs to ensure "the news and entertainment industry is aware of his outrageous anti-gay views."

IKNEWit

That's also why MANY are called, and FEW are CHOSEN... cause many know the difference between right and wrong, but refuse to stand for TRUTH, and hang with the majority of evil doers. doing what makes them feel good... and they will all give an account for their actions. JESUS CHRIST knows every secret thing... amen.. don't think he don't... People you better wake up and get a backbone about yourselves and start living and standing up for what's right, Cause the GOD most high will not tolerate sin in HEAVEN... and HELL is very REAL...there are only two kind of children in this world.. JESUS CHRIST children, and satan's children there are NO in between. don't be deceived. God is a GOD of LOVE, but also a GOD of wrath. Read your bible and study,& fast to show yourself approve, the LORD JESUS will show you, and open your eyes... it's for whom ever will.

SaraSlamdance

i hope all 6 of his kids are gay... And his wife leaves him for a woman.

David

You must be a Gay.

jeff

I agree with him. People can and will do whatever they want. So many people are pro homosexuality, why can't some people disagree with that lifestyle. I do believe it is a choice, wether you feel you were born that way or not. I am a bible reader and I agree that it is unnatural. If you read the bible there is no way you could determine that God accepts homosexuality as natural. I certainly don't agree violence or forced views should be put on anybody either, everybody has the right to make decisions, but I also have the right to believe the way I feel is the truth. If you want equal rights that means people who feel the opposite way as you are allowed to feel that way, otherwise it's just self serving for you...doesn't work that way.

Dean Franz

Can't really fault him except for the abortion issue. For t5he most part, Piers asked him his personal opinion, and Cameron gave him just that and nothing more. We may not like it, but that's what he believes.

rawkergirl

I'm proud of Kirk for standing up for his beliefs. I think instead of GLAAD FORCING everyone to THEIR beliefs, we should all be allowed to have our own. People are entitled to their own opinions, remember that's what our soldiers fought for? OUR FREEDOM? Every one is FREE to believe whatever they want. If you try to knock them down or force your opinion on someone else you are narrow-minded. There's communist countries for that.

arkiegirl

Way to stand up for what you believe in Kirk! If more people stood up for themselves this country would be in a much better place.

RICK2012

Why is it that we are to accept everyone else's behavior, actions, etc., but the gay are so hypocritical when they are spoken out against or disagreed with?? People have the right to their views, whether you like it or not, gays. Kirk didn't hurt ANYONE. It was his opinion. I support you, Kirk!

Rick R

Ridiculous fool. Living a life based on conjecture of what any Tom, **** and Harry could have altered in "the Bible". When you die and there is nothing... wish there was a way to laugh in your face.

walter brown

to kirk,keep doing what you are doing.the word of GOD will prevail,no matter what others say.no man is meant to be with a man,and same goes for women.it is un natural.and people wonder why the world is the way it is.

kat

I watched the interview and thought Kirk handled himself with dignity and class, and in no way was he disrepectful to anyone. He merely was asked a question and answered it. Even if I don't fully agree with him, I believe in his right to express an opinion. The same rights that gays or any other group should/do have. To me, the conversation should be about freedom of speech, and the outrage over expressing an opinion without fear of backlash/criticism from the liberal media/celebrities who want everyone to think the way they do.

travis

This is what Kirk wrote on his FB. Just curious what your response to this is? Cheers
I recently was asked to join Piers Morgan on CNN for an interview about my new film “Monumental.” During that discussion, I was asked to express my views about homosexuality, gay marriage, and abortion. While that was not the agreed-upon purpose of the interview, I was pleased to answer Piers’ questions as honestly as I could.

In some people’s eyes, my responses were not sufficiently "loving" toward those in the gay community. I can only say that it is my life's mission to love all people, and that I expressed the same views that are expressed clearly and emphatically throughout the Judeo-Christian scriptures. As a Bible believing Christian, I could not have answered any other way.

I’ve been encouraged by the support of many friends (including gay friends, incidentally) in the wake of condemnation by some political advocacy groups. In the case of one of my gay friends, we regularly talk and have healthy and respectful debate. We learn from each other, and serve others alongside one another. I thank God for all of my friends...even when they hold very different views on issues of faith and morality. I do not, however, believe that the right way to advance our views is to resort to name-calling and personal attacks, as some have done to me.

I also believe that freedom of speech and freedom of religion go hand-in-hand in America. I should be able to express moral views on social issues--especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years--without being slandered, accused of hate speech, and told from those who preach "tolerance" that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I’m in the public square.

I hope more than a few people could see the large volume of secularist morality being imposed on me. In any society that is governed by the rule of law, some form of morality is always imposed. It's inescapable. But it is also a complicated subject, and that is why I believe we need to learn how to debate these things with greater love and respect.

To the thousands of you who have written me letters of encouragement... thank you! And to those who would like know how to further your support, please gather your friends and family, and join me as I seek to show you our true “National Treasure,” at the live, nationwide viewing of “Monumental” on Tuesday, March 27th (www.MonumentalMovie.com).

Sincerely,
Kirk

shadow_man

We need to get the word out to religious communities that anti-gay people are twisting God's words to suit their agenda.

Homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible is constantly being taken out of context to support anti-gay views. Scholars who have studied the Bible in context of the times and in relation to other passages have shown those passages (Leviticus, Corinthians, Romans, etc) have nothing to do with homosexuality. These passages often cherry-picked while ignoring the rest of the Bible. The sins theses passages are referring to are idolatry, Greek temple sex worship, prostitution, pederasty with teen boys, and rape, not homosexuality or two loving consenting adults.

(Change *** to www)
***.soulfoodministry.org/docs/English/NotASin.htm
***.jesus21.com/content/sex/bible_homosexuality_print.html
***.christchapel.com/reclaiming.html
***.stjohnsmcc.org/new/BibleAbuse/BiblicalReferences.php
***.gaychristian101.com/
***.mccchurch.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Resources&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=2121
***.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblical_evidence.html
***.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian
***.goodhopemcc.org/spirituality/sexuality-and-bible/homosexuality-not-a-sin-not-a-sickness.html

shadow_man

Homosexuality is not a choice. Just like you don't choose the color of your skin, you cannot choose whom you are sexually attracted to. Virtually all major psychological and medical experts agree that sexual orientation is NOT a choice. Most gay people will tell you its not a choice. Common sense will tell you its not a choice. While science is relatively new to studying homosexuality, studies tend to indicate that its biological.

(Change *** to www)
***-news.uchicago.edu/releases/03/differential-brain-activation.pdf
***.newscientist.com/channel/sex/dn14146-gay-brains-structured-like-those-of-the-opposite-sex.html
Gay, Straight Men's Brain Responses Differ
***.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155990,00.html
***.livescience.com/health/060...224_gay_genes.html
***.springerlink.com/content/w2745360...0k586276/

There is overwhelming scientific evidence that homosexuality is not a choice. Sexual orientation is generally a biological trait that is determined pre-natally, although there is no one certain thing that explains all of the cases. "Nurture" may have some effect, but for the most part it is biological.

shadow_man

This is the perfect example of how anti-gay people change the bible's words for their anti-gay agenda.

Corinthians 6:9-11
Let us examine that very closely.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [malakoi], nor homosexual offenders [arsenokoites], nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.

First of all, before we address this line, let us consider one thing. Supposedly taken from a 2000+ year old book, understand that the word "homosexual" was not coined until 1869 by Austrian-born novelist Karl-Maria Kertbeny. So how it happens to be included in a true reading of the particular biblical passage should make you ponder how accurate the interpretation actually is. So man changing the words of the Bible to conveniently spread their anti-gay agenda?

Absolutely.

Previous 15 Comments | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments