Kirk Cameron

Blasted by GLAAD

Over Gay Marriage Comments

3/3/2012 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_Kirk-Cameron_glaad_ex
Kirk Cameron's comments to Piers Morgan on gay marriage are not sitting well with the folks at GLAAD ... who think the former "Growing Pains" star "sounds even more dated than his 1980s TV character."

Cameron said during last night's show that he does not support gay marriage, and when it comes to homosexuality in general ... he said, "I think that it's ... unnatural. I think that it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Herndon Graddick, Senior Director of Programs at GLAAD, tells TMZ he feels Cameron, a Born Again Christian, is "out of step with a vast majority of Americans, particularly people of faith who believe that their gay and lesbian brothers and sisters should be loved and accepted based on their character and not condemned because of their sexual orientation."

A GLAAD spokesman says they plan on monitoring Cameron's media bookings and various acting gigs to ensure "the news and entertainment industry is aware of his outrageous anti-gay views."

Lee

Technically speaking he is 100% correct. It is unnatural. Male and female were made to procreate. A homosexual cannot procreate without help.
History does repeat itself. It has been shown that when a civilization becomes sexual deviant they have fallen. Not just homosexuality but sexually promiscuous as well.
I don't think he was condemning the people themselves but making a statement. GLAAD is all about preaching tolerance but if you don't agree with their philosophy then they attack. People are entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like it then don't listen!

Bethy

Regardless of which "side" I agree with... I find it ridiculous that an organization that espouses open minded thinking and embracing of all so easily ridicules and bullies anyone who expresses an idea that they don't agree with. GLAAD claims to prevent defamation (the 'D'), and yet they actually turn around and defame people. It makes no sense.

That said, GLAAD and the Hollywood media may not like Kirk Cameron or his ideas, but the fact of the matter is that the majority of people actually agree with him. Let's take Prop 8 thing in California, for example...the MAJORITY of voters in California voted to ban it. And that was in California, which has a rather large liberal voting block and LGBT population.

There is scientific data that backs up BOTH sides of the argument.

Me

LEVITICUS 20:20 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Michael

I love how everyone is spouting god says this and god says that....when't the last time anyone had a conversation with god? probably never because he doesn't exist. the religious folk keep complaining about gays pushing their agenda on everyone but doesn't anyone ever call them out for bringing god up in every conversation to get their way and forcing god on everyone. i'm an adult, I don't have to believe in god because I can make my own decisions. if all the super religious people want to take every solitary thing literally in the bible then why are they interested in TMZ? TMZ is all about celebrities and isn't that worshiping false idols other than your god, which is a sin. can't talk out of both sides of your mouth, or force god on to anyone that doesn't believe exactly what you do.

Travis

Jesus said to love everyone.. If you guys want to believe in the old testament then don't you guys have slaves and why do women have rights then? Jesus loved gays, the god in the old testament was evil and not loving, he was short tempered and killed all humans because of a rash decison.. Some great god that is. Quit being ignorant and hating people who are different.

Christine

We who love Kirk stand by him and it doesn't matter what the mainstream news and entertainment industry says about him. There is a large number of Christians in the U.S. clamoring for Christian programs and movies. There is a lot of money to be made there - bring it on! Free publicity!!

Bethy

Well, let's see, if I am to believe the commenters here, the only reason for a MAN and a WOMAN to have sex is to procreate. Guess my husband and I have been doing it wrong for the last 15 years (no children.) When do the only marriages that matter include children?

KC is an idiot, and I hope he will finally get caught with his pants down with some guy like Ted Haggard was. (The ones who shout the loudest always have something to hide.) You never see Joel Olsten preaching hate.

FMB

Hey Kirk! The 80's called and they want your opinions back - You know, where your 'career' used to be...

GsMommy03

Why does everyone think if your against gay marriage and BEING gay you hate anyone that is gay?!? Just because we believe, as it states in the Bible, that being gay is wrong, that we HATE?!? It's absolutely ridiculous! I, being a Christian, love everyone, that's what God wants us to do. Hate the SIN not the SINNER! And Kirk Cameron is probably the least of anyone's worries, leave that up to the Westboro "Church"!

david

gay is wrong...its nasty and unnatural...people aint homophobic just because they think its wrong...GOD tells you its wrong too...i bet a fart turns these guys on...i dont believe in beating on them but i do think its wrong and have the right to say so without being called homophobic...NASTY

Justice

So GLAAD gets upset when people don't agree with them. And how does that make one "out of touch" with society?

Patty Cake

Get over it GLADD. I'm with Cameron on this. Can't we ALL have our freedoms to believe what we choose. I think YES! I sure hope he doesn't apologize for speaking the truth!!!! and his heart. WAY TO GO CAMERON!!! Dated or not, you are right on the money!

Van Hammersley

I've read rumors (several times) that he IS gay, and does all this to deflect said rumors. He's so in major denial. Read he's been actually spotted trolling for men in parks...nice Kirk...real nice there buddy...time to take that huge step for mankind out of that massive closet ur in.

freaksloan

I could care less what Cameron has to has, and I could care even less what GLAAD has to say.

I think they are both part of the problem.

Marlena

There is only one opinion ALLOWED in this tryannical club - I guess they believe the forgot they are actually living in the United States of America where EVERYONE has a right to their opinions and beliefs. I hate these one sided wacko activitists.