Oprah Winfrey

Lands Interview

with Whitney Houston's Daughter

3/3/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0303_oprah_whitney_tmz_bn
Oprah Winfrey
has finally found a way to get people to watch OWN -- she's scored an interview with family members of Whitney Houston, including daughter Bobbi Kristina

The show "Oprah's Next Chapter" will feature Houston's only daughter ... as well as Patricia Houston, her sister-in-law and manager, and Houston's brother Gary. It is scheduled to air next Sunday.

Oprah was one of the guests invited to Houston's funeral in Newark, NJ last month.

Houston was 48-years-old when she was found dead in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton on February 11.

ingrid lahaye

OMG you guys...Oprah is not the one who said 'she scored an interview'! Thats the media making it sound like shes making $! Oprah loved Whitney! GEES! Everyone is too quick to judge Oprah...she doesnt need $$ give me a break...Its the MEDIA..not Oprah.

trina

I DON'T THINK O IS MAKING THIS CHILD DO THIS WHY IS EVERYONE SO HARD ON O SHE LOVE THIS LOVE AND THEY TRUST HER MORE THEN ANYONE . IT IS A GOOD THING SHE OPEN UP ABOUT THIS IT WILL HELP HER TO DEAL WITH IT BETTER , I AM SURE THIS LITTLE YOUNG LADY HAD A MIND OF HER OWN THIS MAY BE SOMETHING SHE WANTS TO DO BECAUSE HER MOM TRUST O ! EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THE SHOW BC IT WILL BE RIGHT FROM THE CHILD MOUTH NO ONE ELSE !

Neal Dias

URGENT - Please read more about VERIZON. Things they don't want the public to know! I was tormented by racial comments that were ignored, then racially discriminated against and wrongfully terminated for making complaints about the racial injustice.

Please visit my Blog Page to see what Verizon did to my family. What they have done to my family, and continue to do is horrific. Today they still will not accept responsibility. So I will not stop this FIGHT for JUSTICE! It has been 8 years and I refuse to give up, but I need your help to spread my message.

You can read my stories about what VERIZON did to my family by GOOGLING:
• “Verizon Raped My Family - Cover Letter”
• “Verizon Raped My Family - Press Release”
• “Verizon Raped My Family – Requesting Criminal Punishment”

From there you can access the other letters through the recent post.

I am a man who has stood up against racism, discrimination, bullying, harassment, hostile environment, belittlement, threats, and retaliation, all while working for Verizon Communications, as they conspired to terminate me.

I am a man who is trying to hold his family together while in the process of trying to fight for my rights to be heard. I am a man who has brought up his family on morals, discipline, character, hard work, dedication and conviction to believe that good things happen to good people. I am a man who could not be more proud of my family for all their trust and faith in my conviction. I am man who is a proud servant in my community and deserves to be heard, as I am begging for JUSTICE!

Neal W. Dias

beverly cook

Oprah is hellish! There is no excuse for this! If it was her mother, who is on her death bed as well, so woul;d refuse.
I don't care who Oprah interview on OWN, I will never support her. Ellen is my girl!

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Oprah the bush pig has no morals. She will do ANYTHING to get people to watch that sinking, pathetic Network of hers. She's just like all the others around Whitney will do anything to use Whitney for their own advantage. Oprah should be ashamed of herself for exploiting BK so soon after Her mother's death.

JimmyB

Big deal. It'd probably be harder for Oprah to take a dump. ...And the sky will be blue tomorrow.

dirshorty

I don't think this is true, i don't think Oprah would stoop that low. Someone wanted a quick buck.

MP

I don't understand why Whitney's family would allow the interview. Bobbi Kristina's mother hasn't even been dead a month. Oprah has no shame. If she wants people to watch her she has to be on a network channel. OWN is in a different tier in my cable package and I'll be darned if I'm paying one more cent to watch her.

Jim

Okra Whinnfry is going ask Whitney's family if ....Crack is Whack.

O_o

holy cow - i love OWN. i really do. she does have some great programming on there. the female cops show, the crime dramas, the interviews, the movies. its shaping up to be a great network!

Mema3x

TMZ YOU SUCK! You didn't have to use these unflattering pictures of Ms. Winfrey & the deceased Whitney Houston. This is Garbage!!

nicky

If Whitney would know about that,she would have never given Oprah an Interview in 2009..."Money sells the soul to the Devil"

Erica

First of all Bobbi Kristina is 19 years old and can make her own decision if she is or isnt ready to talk about her mothers death! If it wasnt for nosey ass people in this world making remarks about her, her family, and her mother she wouldnt have to go on the Oprah show and talk about it!Just because she is the daughter of Whitney Houston doesnt mean she doesnt have feelings! People are so harsh and disrespectful! I dont care who you are or what you do nobody deserves to die and it is mind blowing and some of the comments that people say! Its nobodys business if she is getting paid for the interview nor is it anyones business if she is in her mothers will or is broke! Half of you people commenting on here are probably broke as ****(*And mad cause you cant afford the OWN channel to watch the interview*) and have at least one person that you know of that has a problem but you dont see her on here commenting about it do you? Everyone has problems nobody is perfect! She is human just like the rest of us! How would you feel if it were your mother being talked about and being the gossip of the whole world? Im sure you would be ready to go on Oprah and talk about it too!

Erica

And may God have mercy on any of you that say anyone should drop dead! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!! We should be praying for YOU instead of Bobbi Kristina!!!!

MESA

Sounds like the family is blaming the funeral home for the leaked photo of Whitney in her casket. If this is the case and if I were the Houston family, I would take legal action against Whigham funeral home- I would take legal action!